Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> another rear 5-lug topic
GrayMatter
post Mar 3 2019, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,570

I'm back and making progress again! =)

So after reading countless threads ranging from a few years old to almost 20 years old and so many different recommended parts (some NLA or extremely expensive or rare now at this point) and being more confused now than ever, I'm looking for an updated recommendation. I'm not concerned about loss of stock e-brake or having to install 911 e-brake or other solutions.

Thanks to @michael7810 and @ValcoOscar for transport, I now have a functional 914 tail shifter trans in my car. Thanks to another friend, I also have a complete '86 911 front end in my car as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) And before anyone asks, my 5-lug and big brake upgrades are primarily for aesthetic purposes.

I'm hoping for my pie in the sky dream that I can find something that I can use with my 914 transmission while I save for a 915 or better trans if that's possible.

Is there any chance of readily available parts (911,944,etc?) that can use the Swayaway 911/930 custom axles and not require any custom machining to upgrade to 5 lug rear end with my existing 914 trans and allow easy transition to a 915 or newer trans down the road?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/all914.com-4570-1551661674.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 08:51 AM