Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SSShhhhhh!, queit cote
brer
post Jun 22 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,736
Region Association: None

My friend Bobby works as tech at an audio mastering studio. Turned me on to this stuff, which i have tried out on my Subaru bellypan.

The Subaru is sturdy, but has alot of road noise and makes it hard to hear the stereo "properly". So i pulled the interior and carpet and painted the pan and cargo area with this, and I can say that it made a huge difference. Where there was factory tar paper, I just painted over it, and the bare metal areas that rang like a tin drum when tapped (spare tire well) now make a dull thud. It does work. Dampens vibration and insulates against sound.

It can be painted, or thinned with water and sprayed through a gun. Non toxic and odorless and dry enough to reinstall the interior in 24 hours. Fully cured in two weeks. NO funny smells either! Paintable too.

I like it so much i think i'm going to use this on my pan, if i ever decide to install the stiffening kit.

Quietcote

brer

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
brer   SSShhhhhh!   Jun 22 2005, 02:01 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 01:58 PM