Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Back in the saddle again, What to do next
Bill Shaw
post Mar 9 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,013

After 2 bouts with the Big C, loads of chemo and enough radiation that I glow in the dark, decided to get down to some really serious business. After realizing that my ‘74 had too many tinworm issues (hellhole, right long) for me to handle, looked around and found a reasonable ‘76 race car to convert to street. Odo reads about 42K and condition of car seems consistent. Have to transfer my street equipment, but that’s no problem.

Now for the question.

In a fit of optimism about refurbishing the ‘74 I bought a 2056 engine kit from Jake Raby. Just had it put together with Webers when I found the tinworm so it hasn’t been installed. The ‘76 engine seems to have had some work done to it and sounds strong but it has the original Djet, I have no idea what’s been done to the internals and can’t contact the PO.

Thought I’d run compression and leakdown tests on the ‘76 and run it through a local chassis dyno. Anybody got any better/other suggestions to find out the condition? I’d hate to spend the $ now to change to the Raby engine if I’ve got a good one in there already. On the other hand I’ve lunched enough race engines (ok, they were British) to know not to trust them completely.

Any help would be appreciated!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:31 PM