Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Community Support, AA Customer Service Black Hole
twistedstang
post Mar 20 2019, 12:11 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,395
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 20 2019, 09:51 AM) *

Sometimes things are blown out of proportion‘s and when I see a newbie complaining and writing a book review about a small order it makes me wonder what’s going on really. Did someone really say this at AA? ..I only know 911s.

“The next day I called AA and spoke to the gentleman who had taken the original order. I explained the situation, incorrect decal, no instructions, still no invoice and was told, "I don't know these cars, I only know 911's. I asked the owner about it and he told me that was the correct decal"

Never here to support or defend AA and in this forum there are just as many happy customers and mad customers to all suppliers including 914 Rubber.

Not doubting the original posters complaint just saying don’t bash all our suppliers. Even George is a great asset to the 914 world IMHO

I agree with this for the most part ( you cant beat 914 Rubber). As far as the sticker not having instructions......I've also bought repro stickers when restoring a mustang. No instructions, no placement guidelines. Not their job.

I think it takes a fair amount of class for George not to comment on this thread but instead get with the customer to make things right and then go research a few of his cars for the sticker placement.

FWIW, I ordered new spindle nuts and thrust washers from AA this week. Parts were shipped quickly and I also didnt get instructions or placement diagrams..... lol
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 20 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #22

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 20 2019, 07:44 AM) *
You taking bets on that?

There are people who are unhappy with 914rubber. We've seen a couple of posts around here, and more on FB. Mind you, Mark and Bruce and the guys will pretty much always bend over backwards to make things right for people, but there are still people who complain.

--DD
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Mar 20 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

As far as the sticker not having instructions......I've also bought repro stickers when restoring a mustang. No instructions, no placement guidelines. Not their job.

I think it takes a fair amount of class for George not to comment on this thread but instead get with the customer to make things right and then go research a few of his cars for the sticker placement.

FWIW, I ordered new spindle nuts and thrust washers from AA this week. Parts were shipped quickly and I also didnt get instructions or placement diagrams..... lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Been dealing with AA as far back as the 80’s. Overall positive experiences. I’ve worked retail. We all have bad days and no matter what you do someone isn’t happy.

I’ve ordered quite a bit of sheet metal from AA lately. No problem. I did order parts from AA via eBay and had a minor issue. AA made it right when it was politely brought to their intention. AA was there from the start and hasn’t survived this long by accident. love them or hate them, they have good days and bad days just like us.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Mar 20 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde is an accurate description of AA.

I've only had bad experiences with them, but I'm glad some have had good.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Mar 20 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

I *kinda* get this. The no invoice thing after asking repeatedly would annoy me, too.

But the sticker being wrong...ummm...I thought I read you said you ordered the wrong sticker. George gets on the line and together you figure out what you really needed. Shouldn’t the transaction then have been you purchase the correct sticker right then, return the incorrectly ordered sticker at your convenience and then get your credit card reimbursed?

Not sticking up for George but I’m not sure he’s completely in the wrong on this transaction.

As for placement of the stickers I’m sure we could all help get it figured out.
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Mar 21 2019, 09:25 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

Don’t know George personally, don’t know all of the past history, have never ordered from them, have no horse in the race, butt....

You ordered a low dollar decal, had a problem and the owner of the business talked with you to help resolve the problem.

He talked with you - the owner - not a sales agent, not a guy in India. Cmon man, That is saying something.

+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Mar 21 2019, 09:56 AM
Post #27

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

There have been 3 threads I've found about this topic from the same guy. I closed one of them yesterday. Now I'm closing this one.

A-hole admin Zach
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:23 AM