Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> shift rod at shifter hitting clutch tube getting into 4th gear, where should clutch tube be in relation of shifter in tunnel?
buck toenges
post Mar 26 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

My clutch cable tube is disconnected at the front part of the tunnel. I repaired it by hooking up a "O" bolt around the tube and secured to the driver side of the tunnel. The shifter connection to the shift rod hits the clutch cable tube when going into 4th gear from 3rd gear. It does the same thing when getting out of 4th or 5th back to 3rd.
Where should the clutch cable tube be in relationship to the shifter? Should the tube be below the shifter or to the driver side of the shifter?

Thanks,
Buck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Mar 26 2019, 08:58 AM
Post #2

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Mar 26 2019, 05:39 AM) *

My clutch cable tube is disconnected at the front part of the tunnel. I repaired it by hooking up a "O" bolt around the tube and secured to the driver side of the tunnel. The shifter connection to the shift rod hits the clutch cable tube when going into 4th gear from 3rd gear. It does the same thing when getting out of 4th or 5th back to 3rd.
Where should the clutch cable tube be in relationship to the shifter? Should the tube be below the shifter or to the driver side of the shifter?

Thanks,
Buck

Low and to the drivers side of shifter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Mar 26 2019, 09:06 AM
Post #3

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Side shift or rail shift trans?
Is the clutch tube broken loose in the tunnel?
@buck toenges
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Mar 26 2019, 09:24 AM
Post #4

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

here is a recent thread with some pics
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...36124&st=20
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Mar 26 2019, 09:28 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

This is a common problem that has been plaguing 914s since they were a few years old. BASICALLY the tube has to be realigned under its u bracket, and you can see by putting your cheek to the center tunnel and looking forward where the tube used to by by its lack of paint, so since it usually pulls forward, you just pull it backwards realigning it against the left inside of the center tunnel and re weld. It is a fairly easy fix if you can weld, but have to avoid the fuel lines. There are many diagrams out there on the internet as well as in the back of my book "tech tips 700" and the procedure of how to do it

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Mar 26 2019, 05:39 AM) *

Thanks,
Buck
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:26 PM