Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shift rod at shifter hitting clutch tube getting into 4th gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
My clutch cable tube is disconnected at the front part of the tunnel. I repaired it by hooking up a "O" bolt around the tube and secured to the driver side of the tunnel. The shifter connection to the shift rod hits the clutch cable tube when going into 4th gear from 3rd gear. It does the same thing when getting out of 4th or 5th back to 3rd.
Where should the clutch cable tube be in relationship to the shifter? Should the tube be below the shifter or to the driver side of the shifter?

Thanks,
Buck
76-914
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Mar 26 2019, 05:39 AM) *

My clutch cable tube is disconnected at the front part of the tunnel. I repaired it by hooking up a "O" bolt around the tube and secured to the driver side of the tunnel. The shifter connection to the shift rod hits the clutch cable tube when going into 4th gear from 3rd gear. It does the same thing when getting out of 4th or 5th back to 3rd.
Where should the clutch cable tube be in relationship to the shifter? Should the tube be below the shifter or to the driver side of the shifter?

Thanks,
Buck

Low and to the drivers side of shifter beerchug.gif
bdstone914
Side shift or rail shift trans?
Is the clutch tube broken loose in the tunnel?
@buck toenges
sixnotfour
here is a recent thread with some pics
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...36124&st=20
dr914@autoatlanta.com
This is a common problem that has been plaguing 914s since they were a few years old. BASICALLY the tube has to be realigned under its u bracket, and you can see by putting your cheek to the center tunnel and looking forward where the tube used to by by its lack of paint, so since it usually pulls forward, you just pull it backwards realigning it against the left inside of the center tunnel and re weld. It is a fairly easy fix if you can weld, but have to avoid the fuel lines. There are many diagrams out there on the internet as well as in the back of my book "tech tips 700" and the procedure of how to do it

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Mar 26 2019, 05:39 AM) *

Thanks,
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.