Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dying Faded Carpets - Shared
branston
post Mar 31 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,053
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I recently bought a very nice 924S to use while my 914 is worked on this summer, A very nice car with just 47k miles and two documented owners.

Car was let down by its shabby faded floor mats, the over-mats were original to the car and even had the original documentation on 'How to keep your Porsche carpet floor mats looking their best' Not thinking there was much I could do with them I invested in a pair of Coconut mats for the driver and front passenger from cocomats.com. I bought them in red/black to compliment the cars red exterior and they really are well made mats, in fact far better than I ever imagined. I thought once my 914 was done I'd invest in a set for it.

Then by chance I stumbled on Detail Kings carpet dye kit, with nothing to much loose if I messed up the faded carpet I bought the black kit complete with their their spray bottle.

Too wet to do much today I thought I'd give it a try, I'd previously discretely washed the mats in the washing machine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif). simply mixing the dye with warm water and spraying it on the mats followed by working it in with a scrub brush, no odor either. The result is remarkable!. I taped the Porsche text with painters tape to save it. I think you'll agree they came out really well.

dye kit cost me $32 shipped! www.detailking.com

Before:

Attached Image

After:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

My 914 has a brown interior and the carpets are the originals, I plan to dye them too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
branston   Dying Faded Carpets - Shared   Mar 31 2019, 04:38 PM
Big Len   What a great idea.   Mar 31 2019, 04:49 PM
Tom_T   +1 :thumbsup: I also had good results dying the...   Mar 31 2019, 06:34 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:43 PM