Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> SOLD: 1970-1972 chrome front bumper + factory top, Both for $500, early steel valance also available
horizontally-opposed
post Apr 20 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Bumper is SOLD. Valance still available (may create a new ad).

Was going to hold onto these, as it took me a long time to find perfect ones (thanks again, Oscar!), but I've got eyes on something else and could use the space anyway.

I'll try to get some more pics up, but the rubber top was factory NOS that I bought from HPH not so many years ago...it was and still is really nice. I would say the rubber is nearly perfect, and I planned to reuse it until getting another NOS piece.

The main bumper was also NOS (or just new) in 1992 when I bought it from GPR (remember them?), and was a "blem" with a slight "push" in the middle, just under the rubber pad. Since then, it's picked up a couple of other minor hits...I guess I'd call them small dings...in the license plate area. 1-2, I think? No rust, and more than nice enough to use on a "driver" quality car for years to come while being a great, rust-free/never straightened candidate for rechroming down the road. My goal was to replace it rather than straightening and forming it to the arc of a 914's nose (it's a bit tight in the middle...but I think the only person that bothered was me), but what I learned with a NOS bumper recently is that some fitting will be required, period.

I'll try to add some pics of the arc being slightly tight at the center of the bumper, but in the meantime, I'm looking for $500 for both. Also have a nice, straight stock early front valance if desired for $100. It's missing an upper mounting tab at center, and has some wear on the torsion bar "humps", but is otherwise super nice and finished in flat black.

As seen in the photos below, less the foglight grilles and license plate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Local pickup preferred, but can ship FOB.

Thanks!

pete

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 9)
type2man
post Apr 20 2019, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,127
Region Association: South East States

PM sent....
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Apr 20 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 20 2019, 01:37 PM) *

Was going to hold onto these, as it took me a long time to find perfect ones (thanks again, Oscar!), but I've got eyes on something else and could use the space anyway.

I'll try to get some more pics up, but the rubber top was factory NOS that I bought from HPH not so many years ago...it was and still is really nice. I would say the rubber is nearly perfect, and I planned to reuse it until getting another NOS piece.

The main bumper was also NOS (or just new) in 1992 when I bought it from GPR (remember them?), and was a "blem" with a slight "push" in the middle, just under the rubber pad. Since then, it's picked up a couple of other minor hits...I guess I'd call them small dings...in the license plate area. 1-2, I think? No rust, and more than nice enough to use on a "driver" quality car for years to come while being a great, rust-free/never straightened candidate for rechroming down the road. My goal was to replace it rather than straightening and forming it to the arc of a 914's nose (it's a bit tight in the middle...but I think the only person that bothered was me), but what I learned with a NOS bumper recently is that some fitting will be required, period.

I'll try to add some pics of the arc being slightly tight at the center of the bumper, but in the meantime, I'm looking for $500 for both. Also have a nice, straight stock early front valance if desired for $100. It's missing an upper mounting tab at center, and has some wear on the torsion bar "humps", but is otherwise super nice and finished in flat black.

As seen in the photos below, less the foglight grilles and license plate. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Local pickup preferred, but can ship FOB.

Thanks!

pete

PM sent.
+Quote Post
pete000
post Apr 20 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,094

Great buy !
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Apr 21 2019, 10:32 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 20 2019, 10:01 PM) *

Great buy !

Yes, I'm getting feedback that suggests I priced this too low—at roughly core price for the chrome bumper. That's fine, as what goes around comes around and many have been kind to me on pricing over the years.

Perhaps I'll regret moving these on instead of keeping them as spares, but I need to make room—and will be happy if they make someone else happy!

Looks like they're sale pending...
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Apr 22 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

you mentioned you have a front valance also? I am looking for one.
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Apr 22 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 21 2019, 09:32 AM) *

Great buy !

Yes, I'm getting feedback that suggests I priced this too low—at roughly core price for the chrome bumper. That's fine, as what goes around comes around and many have been kind to me on pricing over the years.

Perhaps I'll regret moving these on instead of keeping them as spares, but I need to make room—and will be happy if they make someone else happy!

Good job sir!
+Quote Post
racingredsc
post Apr 22 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,762

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Apr 22 2019, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 21 2019, 09:32 AM) *

Great buy !

Good job sir!

I'd like to be second in line. Shipped to SC?
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Apr 23 2019, 01:26 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Sold pending payment...
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Apr 23 2019, 01:29 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 22 2019, 11:45 AM) *

you mentioned you have a front valance also? I am looking for one.

Have had some interest, but no one has stepped up yet. PM me and I'll get you some pics. No dents, but it is missing the two central upper screw tabs and has a tiny bit of wear at the bottom of each torsion bar bump. Still, it is easily the nicest I've seen in a long while that isn't on a fully restored or all original car. I think it could be made concours pretty easily. Was going to save it, but I'm an LE man....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 04:28 AM