Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1970-1972 chrome front bumper + factory top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
Bumper is SOLD. Valance still available (may create a new ad).

Was going to hold onto these, as it took me a long time to find perfect ones (thanks again, Oscar!), but I've got eyes on something else and could use the space anyway.

I'll try to get some more pics up, but the rubber top was factory NOS that I bought from HPH not so many years ago...it was and still is really nice. I would say the rubber is nearly perfect, and I planned to reuse it until getting another NOS piece.

The main bumper was also NOS (or just new) in 1992 when I bought it from GPR (remember them?), and was a "blem" with a slight "push" in the middle, just under the rubber pad. Since then, it's picked up a couple of other minor hits...I guess I'd call them small dings...in the license plate area. 1-2, I think? No rust, and more than nice enough to use on a "driver" quality car for years to come while being a great, rust-free/never straightened candidate for rechroming down the road. My goal was to replace it rather than straightening and forming it to the arc of a 914's nose (it's a bit tight in the middle...but I think the only person that bothered was me), but what I learned with a NOS bumper recently is that some fitting will be required, period.

I'll try to add some pics of the arc being slightly tight at the center of the bumper, but in the meantime, I'm looking for $500 for both. Also have a nice, straight stock early front valance if desired for $100. It's missing an upper mounting tab at center, and has some wear on the torsion bar "humps", but is otherwise super nice and finished in flat black.

As seen in the photos below, less the foglight grilles and license plate. wink.gif Local pickup preferred, but can ship FOB.

Thanks!

pete
type2man
PM sent....
914Toy
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 20 2019, 01:37 PM) *

Was going to hold onto these, as it took me a long time to find perfect ones (thanks again, Oscar!), but I've got eyes on something else and could use the space anyway.

I'll try to get some more pics up, but the rubber top was factory NOS that I bought from HPH not so many years ago...it was and still is really nice. I would say the rubber is nearly perfect, and I planned to reuse it until getting another NOS piece.

The main bumper was also NOS (or just new) in 1992 when I bought it from GPR (remember them?), and was a "blem" with a slight "push" in the middle, just under the rubber pad. Since then, it's picked up a couple of other minor hits...I guess I'd call them small dings...in the license plate area. 1-2, I think? No rust, and more than nice enough to use on a "driver" quality car for years to come while being a great, rust-free/never straightened candidate for rechroming down the road. My goal was to replace it rather than straightening and forming it to the arc of a 914's nose (it's a bit tight in the middle...but I think the only person that bothered was me), but what I learned with a NOS bumper recently is that some fitting will be required, period.

I'll try to add some pics of the arc being slightly tight at the center of the bumper, but in the meantime, I'm looking for $500 for both. Also have a nice, straight stock early front valance if desired for $100. It's missing an upper mounting tab at center, and has some wear on the torsion bar "humps", but is otherwise super nice and finished in flat black.

As seen in the photos below, less the foglight grilles and license plate. wink.gif Local pickup preferred, but can ship FOB.

Thanks!

pete

PM sent.
pete000
Great buy !
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 20 2019, 10:01 PM) *

Great buy !

Yes, I'm getting feedback that suggests I priced this too low—at roughly core price for the chrome bumper. That's fine, as what goes around comes around and many have been kind to me on pricing over the years.

Perhaps I'll regret moving these on instead of keeping them as spares, but I need to make room—and will be happy if they make someone else happy!

Looks like they're sale pending...
RFoulds
you mentioned you have a front valance also? I am looking for one.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 21 2019, 09:32 AM) *

Great buy !

Yes, I'm getting feedback that suggests I priced this too low—at roughly core price for the chrome bumper. That's fine, as what goes around comes around and many have been kind to me on pricing over the years.

Perhaps I'll regret moving these on instead of keeping them as spares, but I need to make room—and will be happy if they make someone else happy!

Good job sir!
racingredsc
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Apr 22 2019, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 21 2019, 09:32 AM) *

Great buy !

Good job sir!

I'd like to be second in line. Shipped to SC?
horizontally-opposed
Sold pending payment...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 22 2019, 11:45 AM) *

you mentioned you have a front valance also? I am looking for one.

Have had some interest, but no one has stepped up yet. PM me and I'll get you some pics. No dents, but it is missing the two central upper screw tabs and has a tiny bit of wear at the bottom of each torsion bar bump. Still, it is easily the nicest I've seen in a long while that isn't on a fully restored or all original car. I think it could be made concours pretty easily. Was going to save it, but I'm an LE man....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.