Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA-OCR 2019 White Glove Concours, Sea Terrace Park, Dana Point - June 15, 2019
914Toy
post Jun 11 2019, 10:22 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,596
Region Association: Southern California

Planning to be there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Jun 11 2019, 01:38 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 20,199

Signed up for display. Looking forward to talking to you guys about WCR pictures are awesome......Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Jun 11 2019, 04:07 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 22,979

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jun 11 2019, 02:38 PM) *

Signed up for display. Looking forward to talking to you guys about WCR pictures are awesome......Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

HI Everybody,

Thanks for your time to chat today Shawn and for your efforts to get this together.

We are going to register now for Display and really looking forward to the event.
Already having withdrawal symptoms from an absolutely fantastic time at WCR. It was our first event with 914World and we really enjoyed meeting so many 914teener and seeing so many awesome cars. So count Paul and I in.......

Is anyone else coming from San Diego besides "Fatboy" and us? I don't know tall Steve's site name but he should bring his beautiful green 914.

Yep, let's hope a bunch more join in and register so we have a big showing for the 50th!

Had a great chat with Norm last night and he told me about the Picnic Display competition..... He also reminded me that you can register at the gate (non judged division) but if you want a goodie bag, you must pay and preregister by June 12.

What time are people meeting to line up to get in to the Display Corral?

See you there!

Cheers,
Margie & Paul
914SIXXation
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Jun 11 2019, 06:10 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(SRS914 @ Apr 20 2019, 03:57 PM) *

Last count we had about 20-25 Teeners attending the Sea Terrace Park Concours event June 15. Is there anyone that might be interested in entering a judged class? I need to give Norm and update so they can plan accordingly.

Thank you!

Just registered for display. Looks like we need to place our order for the lunch now and pay at the event.

From what I see as of now, those entered are all in display except for 1 that is in Judged.
Those presently shown in Display (9):

Stacey Allen - 1975 914
Kirsten Bond- 1972 914
Steve Faddis - 1975 914-6
Paul Heckman - 1973 914
James Hoyland - 914 Targa
Eddy Raposa - 914
Margie Smith-Haas - 1970 914-6
Shawn Smithson - 1973 914
Lawrence Wach - 1973 914-6GT

Those shown in Judged (1):

John Flynn - 1973 914 2.0 Ap.Grp

Assume more likely to register by June 12 deadline.

See you soon! Go 914s!

Margie & Paul
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jun 11 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

Not good news again for me and family to attend. Going to attend family friends daughter’s bday celebration in Carlsbad. My daughter really want to see your car (our former baby 914) Stacey @fatboy007 . And goin to miss again seeing Greg @coondog new wide body.

Margie, did you able to fix your windshield trim before WCR?
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Jun 11 2019, 07:42 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 11 2019, 08:09 PM) *

Not good news again for me and family to attend. Going to attend family friends daughter’s bday celebration in Carlsbad. My daughter really want to see your car (our former baby 914) Stacey @fatboy007 . And goin to miss again seeing Greg @coondog new wide body.

Sorry that you can't make it but hope the birthday celebration is very special.

Thankfully, I was able to get the windshield trim fixed temporarily by a bodyshop guy who just put some silicone on it. The left front corner also was starting to lift so secured it as well. When I get a chance and ready to put up the $$$$, we'll have him pull out all the front trim, pull out the windshield and clean things up. Hopefully won't break the original Porsche window. Then they will most likely put on a new trim piece that will be freshly powder coated.

Unfortunately, I was having some carburetor issues so off to the mechanic on Monday. So car was worked on for 3 1/2 days and I got it back on Thursday morning just before our departure to WCR. I'm so glad we made it to the event as we had a fantastic time.

Hope to see you at another event.

I didn't know if Steve (green 914) was going up to Dana Point and I don't know his signature name for 914World. His car is beautiful.

Hope to see you at another event! Have a nice weekend!

Margie
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Jun 11 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 11 2019, 06:42 PM) *

Thankfully, I was able to get the windshield trim fixed temporarily by a bodyshop guy who just put some silicone on it. The left front corner also was starting to lift so secured it as well. When I get a chance and ready to put up the $$$$, we'll have him pull out all the front trim, pull out the windshield and clean things up. Hopefully won't break the original Porsche window. Then they will most likely put on a new trim piece that will be freshly powder coated.

Unfortunately, I was having some carburetor issues so off to the mechanic on Monday. So car was worked on for 3 1/2 days and I got it back on Thursday morning just before our departure to WCR. I'm so glad we made it to the event as we had a fantastic time.

I didn't know if Steve (green 914) was going up to Dana Point and I don't know his signature name for 914World. His car is beautiful.

Margie

Contact Rufino (714-292-5811) local from SoCal and most local 914 members used him to install 914 windshield including the trim. His price is reasonable. You can also text him to inquire to get idea how much he will charge including driving down to San Diego.

Maybe you are referring to @siverson (Steve) from san diego.
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Jun 11 2019, 08:35 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 11 2019, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 11 2019, 06:42 PM) *

Margie

Contact Rufino (714-292-5811) local from SoCal and most local 914 members used him to install 914 windshield including the trim. His price is reasonable. You can also text him to inquire to get idea how much he will charge including driving down to San Diego.

Maybe you are referring to @siverson (Steve) from san diego.

Thanks for the referral for the windshield/trim work.

I'll try to shoot a PM to Steve. Thanks again.

Going to try to post a bunch of photos from WCR tonight. Likely some more tomorrow. Have really enjoyed looking at all of the photos members have posted.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jun 11 2019, 10:15 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I think if the PCA OCR region is making a special corral for 914s, we should try to turn out in good numbers.

Come on guys, one more weekend of 914 fun!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
don-6
post Jun 11 2019, 11:24 PM
Post #30

Stock vs Modified?

Member No.: 17,219
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm registered for display
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 11 2019, 11:33 PM
Post #31

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 09:15 PM) *

I think if the PCA OCR region is making a special corral for 914s, we should try to turn out in good numbers.

Come on guys, one more weekend of 914 fun!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Yes - 914world member & teen-addicted Shawn Smithson went to great lengths to get this 914 50th anniversary set-up with the OCR Concours Committee, & had 25 Display Corral slots set aside for 914s.

Kudos to Shawn for getting this set-up & promoting it with this thread! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Tomorrow Wed. 6/12/19 is the LAST DAY to register online - & Judged Classes are pre-registrations only, while Display cars can register on-site, but you won't get a Goodie Bag without pre-registering.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) IMHO it won't look good to not fill them (or more) & also to have a few more 914ers entered in some category for judged - if you've ever thought of it, then why not now for the 50th!?

If you just want to do exterior & interior prep, then enter Wash-&-Shine - probably what you'll do for Display anyway!

If you're more ambitious & competitive - like Andy T./SoCalAndy - then do Street or Full Concours, but you'll need to add prep of your engine & trunks for Street (& for Preservation), & add underside to those for Full Concours Divisions.

If your 914 is at least 75% original paint & 75% original upholstery/carpet interior - then you can enter Preservation Division (same 4 judged areas as Street Div.), but with far less cars since they have to be at least 20 years old as well now.

And if you have ANY non-Porsche engine in your 914 or an EV, then enter in Special Categories SC1, & if you're a racer within the last 12 months enter SC-2 - both are for like kind Porsche cars.

If you bring a 914 (full size) to the event in either Display or Judged Entry, then make sure to look for me there - as I've got a small commemorative item for all who enter or display a 914. I'll be helping on one of the judging teams there.

Hoping for a great turnout! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Also ....

Margie - when my wife Jana saw your Adriatic Blue -6 in the WCR pix, she fell in LOVE (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) with the car & color! Nice to see you again at the WCR Lunch too!

It was great to meet or touch base with many of you at the WCR Lunch last Saturday, even though I had to run back home afterwards.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
drem914
post Jun 12 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 9,062

I am registered for display. See you there.
Now to get that brake light switch fixed.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Jun 12 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 11:15 PM) *

Hi Lawrence,

Can see that there are some additional names added to the OC pre registered list today:

Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4
Andy Thronet 1970 914

Don't know if they match up with any on 914World (sb914, 914Toy, drem914, don_6, Fatboy007, and SO.O.C914)

So????? 13 Display and 2 Judged - Total 15 I believe at this point?

Maybe some more will register?

Do you know if Oscar is coming? Should be FUN!

Margie

+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jun 12 2019, 07:13 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

If Oscar shows with all of his cars, we could double the amount of 914s. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
+Quote Post
drem914
post Jun 12 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 9,062

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 12 2019, 06:04 PM) *

Hi Lawrence,
Can see that there are some additional names added to the OC pre registered list today:

Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4 DREM914
Andy Thronet 1970 914
Don't know if they match up with any on 914World (sb914, 914Toy, drem914, don_6, Fatboy007, and SO.O.C914)

Margie

@914SIXXation
Margie, yes I'm one of the ones added today. See you Saturday.

+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Jun 12 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 12 2019, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 12 2019, 06:04 PM) *

Hi Lawrence,

Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4 DREM914
Andy Thronet 1970 914

Margie

@914SIXXation
Margie, yes I'm one of the ones added today. See you Saturday.

Thanks so much Franz.

Just PM to Oscar and they can't make it to Dana Point this weekend.

Just looked at the weather forcast and it looks like sunny, 71 high and 10% chance of rain.

+Quote Post
914-300Hemi
post Jun 13 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 6,794

I will be there but registered the 911.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Jun 14 2019, 07:15 AM
Post #38

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 13 2019, 07:22 PM) *

I will be there but registered the 911.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dumbass.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whack_3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/splat.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jun 14 2019, 12:40 PM
Post #39

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

I just got back from Sea Terrace Park, helped marking the field. The setting is really nice, the park is between PCH, a golf course, and housing. Looks like there is an underpass leading over to Salt Creek ( ocean side of PCH ) Enter Sea Terrace from Stoneybrook where it crosses Niguel There’ should be signs.
This “park” does not have restrooms; however 2 port-pities will be brought in and located at the South-East end.
The turnout is going to be big, see you there at the 914 Coral
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jun 14 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #40

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

MAP: Judged cars enter beg. at 7:00am; display cars 8:00am. Opening ceremony at 9:00am

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:38 PM