Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hemmings 914 (not mine), expensive but nice build. 150K
Tdskip
post May 3 2019, 06:03 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 29 2019, 09:38 PM) *

I don't think it's the least bit fraudulent.
They list the vin
They never say it's an original six.
It's pretty common to call a six conversion a 914-6.
They can price it at any price they want.
Our shop takes ragged out 911's. T, mid year,SC, Carrera's costing $10-20K and turns them into $150-200K project cars. We have about 60 in the que so there's certainly no lack of buyers willing to pay for modified cars. Just the engine on that car is around $50K.
There's some things I really like and some details I don't but it certainly is the sellers prerogative to set the price to where they want it. No justification needed.

^^^^^
Well said.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post May 3 2019, 09:50 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

Since this add is not directly placed here, then the rules do not apply and therefore I will comment:

I tend to disagree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Only real 914-6 should be advertised as 914-6. This is a 914/4 with a 6 cylinder engine installed in it. Nice conversion, absolutely, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) but not a real 6.

That being said, someone ready to spend 150k$ on any 914 should do his do diligence and will quickly realize it's a conversion. I would also tend to think that the seller will not try to hide that fact but he is certainly not showing it up front.

GLWTS! Seems pretty steep price but if this is where we are at, great!

...Could have had sway bars though... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
raynekat
post May 5 2019, 10:48 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,263
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The interior looks unfinished to me. I'd rather have some carpeting and backpad in there. Too much gold paint for my eye. The stitching on the seats is very nice. Many things very nice. And if you want something just like this...it's gonna cost you a bundle to have someone build it for you. In the neighborhood of $150k no matter what kind of chassis you start with.

And yeah....I'd love to see it with MFI. Carbs are just much easier to source and install in a 914.
+Quote Post
sithot
post May 6 2019, 05:38 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 7,090
Region Association: None

QUOTE(raynekat @ May 5 2019, 11:48 PM) *

And yeah....I'd love to see it with MFI. Carbs are just much easier to source and install in a 914.

And a lot easier to adjust. The one thing I’ve always disliked about a 914 is the engine bay. It’s a bad back/lumbar assassin. A six, imho, is better but not by much. I’d hate CMA an MFI setup “in the car”.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:06 PM