Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

56 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?, or, What the Fuch is Keeping You From Working on it?
DRPHIL914
post Jul 8 2019, 06:50 AM
Post #141

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

i drove it one day but didn't DO anything to it because we've been finishing home projects and landscaping to prep the house for listing/sale - AND
had to replace brake lines for the E39 528i (280k miles and going!) before my daughter takes it to grad school in fall, - original lines were sorely in need of replacement, AND new front brake rotors and a leaking power steering line on the wife's '04 Jag. Now with those projects and jobs done I might actually get to finish the install of the CHT gauge on the 914 and post on that other thread-what I DID do lol!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Jul 8 2019, 07:38 AM
Post #142

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

I built a surround for our outdoor fire place.
Bees had moved in and the geniuses who installed the insert stucco'd over the flange. The only way to get it out to remove and relocate the hive was to destroy the front. So a removable cover it is!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 8 2019, 10:37 AM
Post #143

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

It's BEE-UTIFUL ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Jul 8 2019, 11:16 AM
Post #144

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

Viral conjunctivitis on the back of gastric flu... Guess I pushed myself a little too hard on my European trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 8 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #145

My on again/off again relationship with a pinched sciatic nerve made itself evident this morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Some stretching, rolling and a Norco helped relieve some of the pain, so I wandered outside mid-day, removed all 4-wheels from the '66 912, wire-brushed and painted the lug nuts, filled the tires with fresh air and reinstalled them ... all in anticipation of moving the car off of the mid-rise lift in the driveway and rolling it on the new concrete pad in front of the garage later in the week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

Then, we had to take one of our pups for a vet appointment in the late afternoon ... she started coughing & hacking and looking a little run down during the w/e. We'll start her on an antibiotic regimen later this evening, so she can return to her normal self soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dog.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 8 2019, 08:29 PM
Post #146

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 8 2019, 10:20 PM) *

My on again/off again relationship with a pinched sciatic nerve made itself evident this morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Some stretching, rolling and a Norco helped relieve some of the pain, so I wandered outside mid-day, removed all 4-wheels from the '66 912, wire-brushed and painted the lug nuts, filled the tires with fresh air and reinstalled them ... all in anticipation of moving the car off of the mid-rise lift in the driveway and rolling it on the new concrete pad in front of the garage later in the week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

Then, we had to take one of our pups for a vet appointment in the late afternoon ... she started coughing & hacking and looking a little run down during the w/e. We'll start her on an antibiotic regimen later this evening, so she can return to her normal self soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dog.gif)

I could find room in my garage for that car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Jul 21 2019, 10:30 AM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I was busy watching this documentary on Jack Brabham. Awesome man, awesome driver. Some Porsche content too.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/07/21/en...ree/?refer=news
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Jul 21 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #148

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241

I'm making a piece of yard art for Michael @Cairo94507

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 21 2019, 12:17 PM
Post #149

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jul 8 2019, 06:38 AM) *

I built a surround for our outdoor fire place.
Bees had moved in and the geniuses who installed the insert stucco'd over the flange. The only way to get it out to remove and relocate the hive was to destroy the front. So a removable cover it is!

Thx for taking the time and effort to relocate vs destroy the hive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Jul 21 2019, 12:41 PM
Post #150

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

Man, that is cool cool cool. My wife is going to love that in our patio. Thanks Chris. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 21 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #151

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 21 2019, 09:30 AM) *
I was busy watching this documentary on Jack Brabham. Awesome man, awesome driver. Some Porsche content too.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/07/21/en...ree/?refer=news
Cool video.

Moss suffered quite a few Porsche gearbox failures ... hmmm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

I built a Brabahm BT44B 1/12 scale model many years ago ... I think it's boxed up somewhere in the attic with a bunch of other models from the 60's & 70's.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
dlee6204
post Jul 21 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #152

Howdy

Member No.: 5,956

My wife and I just had our second child on 7/18. A sweet little girl. Goodbye 914 garage time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 21 2019, 03:06 PM
Post #153

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

Now that is a legitimate excuse for not working on your car. Congratulations (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914-300Hemi
post Jul 21 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 6,794

Congrats and say goodbye to sleep.
+Quote Post
914forme
post Jul 21 2019, 04:02 PM
Post #155

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Well mine has 914 content just not working on the car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I spent the weekend in 105 degree cleaning out my father's addict at his old house. My wife and I moved 150 12ft long Walnut boards racing for 4 to 16" wide all cut from the family farm in 1955, and given to my parents as a wedding present.

Then I moved down some old school wood working stuff from the 50, 60, and 70s, stuff is heavy and built to last. Old dealt and Rockwell / Delta stuff.

Last thing I did was clean out the entire stash of Porsche parts he had, that came from a Parts car he got in 1977, ~13,000, and then a bunch of later parts that are from latter models. I remember he took a bunch of stuff to a Tweaks Swapmeet for me, when I was parting out mid west rust buckets, and he must have stored it up there also.

It was a truck and trailer full, and have another run todo to get the next truck load home.

Oh and I got home to find, a shelf had collapsed, tossing a very nice 911 muffler at the 914-6. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) I had a Mom service cover on the back of the -6 no scratch, nothing, that I found. And it did not bust the NOS Hella euro on the back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

I am off to purchase my lottery ticket, and it could have been so much worse.

So what will keep me from working on the car this week. Building shelves that are worth of being in my garage, and then unboxing al the 914 stuff from Dad's, cataloging it, and putting up Ads for the stuff not needed in my -6 build.
+Quote Post
914forme
post Jul 21 2019, 04:04 PM
Post #156

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

Congratulations, now you need to find a 718 Spyder and store it away for her first car, which you will have to convert over to run off algae bio fuel, but hey it is the thought that counts.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jul 21 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #157

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

Finished up hot rodding the suspension and brakes on the goat and escaped today in the 911

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
RickS
post Jul 21 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #158

Member No.: 5,880

Spent the weekend hiking in the mountains with the new dog. But did drive a Cayenne to get there.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jul 21 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #159

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Jul 8 2019, 12:16 PM) *

Viral conjunctivitis on the back of gastric flu... Guess I pushed myself a little too hard on my European trip. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

Attached Image

Been there done that. Hated being quarantined for 8 weeks, and really hated having to pry my eyelids open in the morning.

Worst thing was the optical surgeon peeling the insides of my eye lids. :shudder:

+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Jul 22 2019, 08:48 AM
Post #160

Team Sharp where the 914 grow wings

Member No.: 19,611
Region Association: South East States

Been working on my truck, brakes went out on it. I had the boat in the shop for a tune up and when they called and told me it was done I went down to pick her up and when I backed up to her the brakes went out. Best possible spot for it to happen at. Got the truck towed home and picked up the boat the next day. The leak in the break line was behind the fuel tank inside the frame rail. Had to drain 25 gal of fuel drop the tank and move it out of the way. The leak was hidding behind part of the wire loom covered in that corrugated shielding. That plastic shit rubbed a hole in the steel brake line.

Attached Image

WTF
+Quote Post

56 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:07 AM