Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

56 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?, or, What the Fuch is Keeping You From Working on it?
jd74914
post Aug 16 2019, 06:17 AM
Post #221

Its alive

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

Wow Phil, that's really scary. Glad you're with us and recovering fast!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 16 2019, 07:10 AM
Post #222

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Damn! I am glad you guys are doing way better- both of those events are scary. I worry about stuff like that all of the time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 16 2019, 07:33 AM
Post #223

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Aug 16 2019, 08:17 AM) *

Wow Phil, that's really scary. Glad you're with us and recovering fast!
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 16 2019, 09:10 AM) *

Damn! I am glad you guys are doing way better- both of those events are scary. I worry about stuff like that all of the time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) still here kicking and screaming! I guess I was a difficult patient! my poor wife, I really needed to rest and recover those first 24 hours are so critical , even being sedated they couldn't get me to settle I guess, and i pulled a Houdini and pulled my vent tube out!, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) they were going to put it back in but somehow right after that my breathing went to normal and heart stayed in rhythm! so other than the pneumonia which is clear now, it was an amazingly quick recovery , atleast being able to get out of ICU so fast and get up moving. I have to go pay a couple visits to say thanks to a bunch of people now that i am up and going. No driving for another week or so and no working on the car for some time. Looks like i will be trailering the 914 for Okteenerfest. I have a friend coming up with again so he will shoulder the load driving but i will be there!!.

i have some parts i need to sell so if anyone wants some Restoration design rocker panels or other bits let me know i can bring it all up- we need a new thread for listing parts for buy/sell/trade / swap at Okteenerfest i think.

+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 16 2019, 02:35 PM
Post #224

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

... and here I am complaining about chronic sciatica (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

Praying for your speedy and full recovery, Phil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Superhawk996
post Aug 16 2019, 02:53 PM
Post #225

914 Guru

Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

DrPhil's situation sort of puts it all in perspective.

So glad you made it into the Dr's office! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 16 2019, 05:21 PM
Post #226

Well, my wife wanted to mow our back yard, so I had to dig out some ancient lawn cutting machines that haven't been started up in over 10 years. We recently told our gardener that we'd take of the rear yard, because we grew tired of all the debris their blower blew into the many nooks & crannies in the car port area, under the cars, and everywhere else back there for that matter.

The edger wouldn't start. Going through the standard troubleshooting process, found that the air filter element was dried up and very brittle, so I had to make a new foam element. Pouring a little gas down the carburetor's throat allowed it to start for several seconds, then it died. Did the same thing on a few additional attempts, so I decided I'd get back to it after trying to start the mower.

The mower fired right up after a couple pulls, but was stuck on high speed, no matter where the speed control lever was positioned. I partially disassembled it to work on the carburetor linkages. Found that the throttle plate was stuck in the full open position, so it's working fine now after freeing the stuck shaft up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Back to the edger. I disassembled the carburetor and shot cleaner through all the passages. Put it all back together and it still didn't want to run. After watching some Youtube videos, I determined that the check ball at the base of the fuel pick-up tube wasn't completely opening, and not allowing enough fuel into the carburetor (there's no bowl), so I'll have to wait on the new tube I ordered to get here next week.

So my wife mowed the lawn, and I edged 40' of walkway with poultry shears (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Attached Image

Oh ... it was 90° here today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Costa05
post Aug 16 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #227

Member No.: 20,535
Region Association: Southwest Region

Attached Image

This might have something to do with it.
+Quote Post
dlo914
post Aug 17 2019, 12:32 AM
Post #228

Whatchu' lookin' at?!?!

Member No.: 2,697

We towed our non-running 914 project 1 street over to my place with a toyota tacoma and some ratchet straps.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Aug 17 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #229

Wow, there's a blast from the past. How ya doing Daniel?
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Aug 17 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #230

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Aug 16 2019, 11:32 PM) *

We towed our non-running 914 project 1 street over to my place with a toyota tacoma and some ratchet straps.

You getting back to work on it soon?
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Aug 17 2019, 10:15 PM
Post #231

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I'm too busy driving my car to work on it. I drive it just for the fun of it, and, almost every day.
+Quote Post
SO.O.C914er
post Aug 18 2019, 12:07 AM
Post #232

Member No.: 20,199

Spent the day picking up my exhaust system from Marty and Mattylite in L.A. then the afternoon looking over and hearing James MSDS system. Evening my family heading over to Mission Viejo lake for a concert on the lake. Back home happy

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #233

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 16 2019, 04:35 PM) *

... and here I am complaining about chronic sciatica (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

Praying for your speedy and full recovery, Phil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 16 2019, 04:53 PM) *

DrPhil's situation sort of puts it all in perspective.

So glad you made it into the Dr's office! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Thanks guys!!!

I am doing well and having a huge withdrawal and trying to behave - not easy for a work-a-holic ! I do hope to driving in the next week and doing light work like oil changes etc in the near future.

If you want some perspective, we had dinner with good friends last night, and my buddy’s wife’s says her brother works for the AHA, and a sobering statistic is this:
Only 10% of those having a heart attack episode resulting from a blockage or collapse Of the Left Anterior descending artery (widow maker) will survive . So needless to say I am truly blessed to be here !
I still have a bit of a problem processing this. I know many others here have had similar experiences or had family that did so I know it hits close to home for many.

I actually feel great! And am planning on a full recovery -
You guys be careful out there, do not ignore the symptoms or your genetics.

But enough of that - Let’s all get back to work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Aug 18 2019, 03:48 PM
Post #234

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Dr Phil. Glad you are still alive. All the best for a fast and complete recovery.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Aug 18 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #235

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 18 2019, 05:48 PM) *

Dr Phil. Glad you are still alive. All the best for a fast and complete recovery.

Looking forward to seeing you at Okteenerfest, hope you are bringing that/6!

No BBQ from the Pink Pig! I didn’t have good luck last time we all are there a couple years ago. That’s one thing we really enjoyed last 2 years in Helen GA was great German food!
+Quote Post
914forme
post Aug 18 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #236

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Rebuilt a shed floor yesterday at my son's new hose. Carpenter ants got to it. Framing was okay, they where building their home between two layers of flooring. Cut it all out, laid in 3/4 pressure treated and sealed it all up. Cut in a new door on the end of the shed so, he can get his mower in.

Today I finished up the shed details, came home unloaded my tools, started charging all the batteries I have for the cordless tools, and while I was waiting, I worked on my jib crane project. I was laying out a couple of pieces of 1/4" plate I will be using to hold the I-Beam to the top of the post. When I missed the edge of the bench, and promptly learned a lesson in gravity. both plates came down on my foot, missed the steel toe by about an inch. Sitting here typing this with ice on it, trying to keep the swelling down.

Glad to hear you pulled through Dr. Phil, BTW, great idea on a FS, Trade, or WTB at Okteenerfest. I have a lot of crap, treasurers I need to move out of the shop.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Aug 18 2019, 04:53 PM
Post #237

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

More Dr. visits, not cancer related thankfully. Latest PET scan and MRI look good.

Left eye has been blurry lately, diagnosed as L CHOROID NEOVASCULARIZATION.
Growth of new blood vessels that form on retina and pop bleeding into eye.

Had a shot into the white of my eye, will be going back monthly for anther shot.

On the plus side I have my mill running so I can attempt to make my boxster caliper adapters.

DrPhil, glad to hear you are recovering.
+Quote Post
theer
post Aug 20 2019, 07:58 AM
Post #238

Member No.: 19,014
Region Association: North East States

Working on the '64 Ghia, getting it ready for picture & getaway car duty at my daughter's wedding Sept 7.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
dr.tim
post Aug 21 2019, 07:37 AM
Post #239

Member No.: 13,907
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I was driving it all weekend.. Dawn Patrol at 10000 ft.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Aug 22 2019, 01:33 AM
Post #240

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 18 2019, 10:32 PM) *

You guys be careful out there, do not ignore the symptoms or your genetics.

Agreed! Father passed away at 69 following second heart attack, mother passed away with a burst aneurism. I felt tired trying to walk after eating, tight-chested and slight numbness down each arm – classic angina. When docs learned of my family history, straight in for stent and haven't looked back. Like the OP says, do NOT ignore symptoms.

BTW, did you know the guy who invented the heart stent is a Porsche collector?
+Quote Post

56 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:30 PM