Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

56 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Didn't You do Anything to Your 914 Today?, or, What the Fuch is Keeping You From Working on it?
sixnotfour
post Mar 29 2020, 01:29 PM
Post #441

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I colored my Wiife's hair... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) probably should have done mine too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 29 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #442

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

@tygaboy - You are too kind. Thank you sir. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
euro911
post Mar 29 2020, 04:27 PM
Post #443

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(TonyA @ Mar 29 2020, 09:57 AM) *
Building a platform bed and organizing the shop some more
We opted for a platform for our 'Sleep#' bed with 6 drawers - our 100+ year old house wasn't built with a lot of storage space.

I need to build another one for the S# bed in AZ ... it's still sitting on the floor, but I won't be going there until the C-19 'crisis' is over.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Apr 10 2020, 12:35 PM
Post #444

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

Been polishing the paint on Jen's new ride. The Driver's rear quarter felt like suede, I puckered up hard thinking I was going to burn all the way through to the primer. Turned out a lot better than i expected. Of course these would have to show up in reverse order LOL

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Apr 10 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #445

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744

Mocha Brown ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Apr 10 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #446

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

Ayup!
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Apr 10 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #447

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343

Had to do an urgent brake job...on my mountain bike. Went for a trail ride and by the end had little brake action in front. With my Avid brakes, that requires proprietary syringes to bleed from the caliper and the lever during the same operation. Did the front and rear and replaced pads, in about 2 hours.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
914e
post Apr 11 2020, 12:01 AM
Post #448

Member No.: 23,951

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 29 2020, 12:29 PM) *

I colored my Wiife's hair... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) probably should have done mine too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

My kids color my hair, a little grayer every year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 11 2020, 03:03 AM
Post #449

I cut mine a few days ago ... probably should try some brown coloring - it's getting grayer every year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Apr 11 2020, 03:52 PM
Post #450

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

Installed some window vinyl on a friend's storefront.

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
9fourteen14
post Apr 13 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #451

PORSCHE LUVA

Member No.: 18,920
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(euro911 @ May 6 2019, 11:00 PM) *

Everybody posts what they've accomplished in the 'What Have You Done to Your 914 Today?' thread ... well, this is a special thread for us enthusiasts to post why we haven't worked on our car(s) and precisely why they're still on jack stands, and/or buried somewhere under mounds of shit in the garage, etc. ... some of them, for decades (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Since I'm one of 'those guys', I guess I'll start (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As some of youse guys may already know, in an effort to gain additional parking and work space, I've been prepping an area in my back yard to accommodate said space. I need more elbow room, because the cars are currently parked back-to-back in the narrow driveway, and that simply doesn't allow me to easily work on any of them. Having close access to the garage will also be a big plus.

Gravel & the rebar was installed today, need to put down some dobie blocks and the concrete is scheduled to get pumped in and troweled tomorrow ... weather permitting. The form running the length is spacing for bricks to line the edges between the new slab and the existing walkway, giving it a little more 'wife pleasing' appearance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

The design retains some grass that the wife was adamant about, and a sweeping curve, which will allow any of vehicles parked there an unobstructed path through the bottleneck to the driveway. The curved portion will also receive brick edging, creating an eye appealing appearance, but retaining a more utilitarian purpose. At least, that's how I sold my wife on the whole idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I should be able to utilize the new-found pavement in a few weeks if all goes as planned ...

Polishing my tools as we speak. Wait ... that didn't sound right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

mine is still stored for the winter it is such a rainy April.. this winter in New england was very mild not to much snow.

but i am preparing to take it out and do some work.

thanx 914 Luva
+Quote Post
914e
post Apr 13 2020, 09:32 PM
Post #452

Member No.: 23,951

Does searching for where you misplaced the parts count as working on your 914 or not working on your 914? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 13 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #453

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

Although during my brief 1 week not working i have done many things on and not on the 914, today was removal of a bathroom cabinet and installation of a new one, but of course nothing is simple, remove, repair wall, paint, install new base board and quarter round, then install new cabinet and water supply, drain etc. then clean up. Took all day. maybe tomorrow there will be time for 914 stuff......

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Apr 14 2020, 02:57 AM
Post #454

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

On lockdown - no driving, no visiting friends, just exercise, so plenty of walking. Fortunately where I live there is plenty to see...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 14 2020, 05:42 AM
Post #455

No driving? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Who the hell are you going to have contact with when you're in an enclosed vehicle ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

We've taken drives up the coast and all the gas stations were open for business. We were passed by 3 Highway Patrol vehicles on 3 separate occasions during our last outing, they didn't even slow down to check on us ... they just kept going on about 5 mph faster than we were going (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
914 Ranch
post Apr 14 2020, 07:02 AM
Post #456

Team Sharp where the 914 grow wings

Member No.: 19,611

Started to plan an event for about August. Hopefully we will be able to gather by then. As I would like to do another one in November.
+Quote Post
KSCarrera
post Apr 14 2020, 08:20 AM
Post #457

Member No.: 22,846
Region Association: England

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 14 2020, 12:42 PM) *

Who the hell are you going to have contact with when you're in an enclosed vehicle ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

We've taken drives up the coast and all the gas stations were open for business. We were passed by 3 Highway Patrol vehicles on 3 separate occasions during our last outing, they didn't even slow down to check on us ... they just kept going on about 5 mph faster than we were going (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

That's the difference over there to over here. We can drive to a shop or doctors (fortunately, we can buy what we need in our little town, so don't have to drive anywhere) but it's now generally accepted that any unnecessary movements have the potential to further the spread of the virus. Nobody can be sure there won't be a mechanical fault – or worse still, an accident – that will mean the intervention of others, from AAA, to police, ambulance...fire, thereby pulling emergency services away from more important work. The other problem is the realisation that you can't trust everyone to be sensible – while you or I might be responsible and not go jumping in a car and visiting friends here there and everywhere, increasing the threat of spreading the virus, others are too stupid to realise the possible consequences of their action, spoiling it for the majority. So a universal 'lockdown' is the only way, I guess.

It's no big deal not driving for a while – I last drove my 914 three weeks ago and, I have to admit even back then (the day before the official lockdown), I still felt a little guilty. We can't get our heads round seeing images of cars out in convoy, or cars'n'coffeee events still taking place. But that's just our way of combating things – nobody knows who's right or wrong. All we know is that by staying in there is far less risk of spreading a virus than going out just for the fun of it...
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 27 2020, 09:41 PM
Post #458

The sooner this project gets done, the sooner I can carve out some time to tinker on 'HOWARD's restoration ...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Apr 27 2020, 11:01 PM
Post #459

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(KSCarrera @ Apr 15 2020, 02:20 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 14 2020, 12:42 PM) *

That's the difference over there to over here. We can drive to a shop or doctors (fortunately, we can buy what we need in our little town, so don't have to drive anywhere) but it's now generally accepted that any unnecessary movements have the potential to further the spread of the virus. Nobody can be sure there won't be a mechanical fault – or worse still, an accident – that will mean the intervention of others, from AAA, to police, ambulance...fire, thereby pulling emergency services away from more important work. The other problem is the realisation that you can't trust everyone to be sensible – while you or I might be responsible and not go jumping in a car and visiting friends here there and everywhere, increasing the threat of spreading the virus, others are too stupid to realise the possible consequences of their action, spoiling it for the majority. So a universal 'lockdown' is the only way, I guess.

It's no big deal not driving for a while – I last drove my 914 three weeks ago and, I have to admit even back then (the day before the official lockdown), I still felt a little guilty. We can't get our heads round seeing images of cars out in convoy, or cars'n'coffeee events still taking place. But that's just our way of combating things – nobody knows who's right or wrong. All we know is that by staying in there is far less risk of spreading a virus than going out just for the fun of it...

Same in NZ Keith not easy but required.
+Quote Post
Zaffer
post Apr 28 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #460

Member No.: 7,343
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Been busy replacing half the floor joists in my 92 year old farm house as we are expanding the small back bedroom to be the wife and I’s new bedroom with the install of a new bathroom as well.

As for not working on the 914, currently getting parts together to start on it again after 10 years in storage. While it isn’t a restoration, just trying to get it back on the road and drive-able, which will entice me to spend money on it, and maybe eventually a paint job.
That being said, just sent my rear calipers to PMB for restoration and currently restoring my fuel tank. Working on a customer’s 914 lit a fire to at least start the process as I forgot how much fun these cars are! I focused on my Fiat 2000 last year (mechanically at least), so time to focus on my first love again!
+Quote Post

56 Pages V « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:59 PM