Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Renegade Hybrids Axle Kit, Is this the cheapest way to upgrade your CV's?
betz
post May 7 2019, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,593
Region Association: Northern California

I've been doing some research on 5 lug conversions and CV joint upgrades. My car will be aiming for around 165-180hp all said and done but not crazy torque (120-130 ft*lbs). I found this renegade hybrids high performance axle upgrade on pelican parts:

Link

Does anyone know about this kit? My guess in lack of popularity would be the higher price tag and the fact that it doesn't do a 5 lug conversion in one go, but looking at the price of 911 hubs, output flanges, and stub axles... the other two major options for upgrading the CV's are looking to be more expensive (911 w/ floating axle or 944 CV's). But maybe I'm missing something. 911 stuff seems really super hard to find and when I do find it the prices look like OEM porsche prices for a 40 yo rusty piece of junk.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:00 AM