Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Builders - Recommendations?
brainf18
post May 12 2019, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,116
Region Association: None

First post, so here goes! New to 914's but not to Porsches, I've owned every version of the 911 from the SC to the 991.2 and 924/944/968 models.

I live in Louisville KY and just purchased a 1973 1.7. The engine is tired and leaking oil from every orifice. The body and interior where professionally restored about 10 years ago and still look really nice. Just need a solid powerplant to make it a great driver.

Can anyone recommend a good Type IV engine rebuilder? I'd like to not go too crazy with the rebuild and keep it mostly stock. My only wish list item is to increase displacement out to 2.0L and convert to electronic ignition.

Shipping the engine anywhere in the US is fine. I want a great rebuild, and no customer service hassles. I don't mind spending alittle extra to get the best.

With that....Who do you guys recommend?....

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:48 PM