Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Builders - Recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brainf18
First post, so here goes! New to 914's but not to Porsches, I've owned every version of the 911 from the SC to the 991.2 and 924/944/968 models.

I live in Louisville KY and just purchased a 1973 1.7. The engine is tired and leaking oil from every orifice. The body and interior where professionally restored about 10 years ago and still look really nice. Just need a solid powerplant to make it a great driver.

Can anyone recommend a good Type IV engine rebuilder? I'd like to not go too crazy with the rebuild and keep it mostly stock. My only wish list item is to increase displacement out to 2.0L and convert to electronic ignition.

Shipping the engine anywhere in the US is fine. I want a great rebuild, and no customer service hassles. I don't mind spending alittle extra to get the best.

With that....Who do you guys recommend?....

Krieger
Since you are willing to ship send it to Original Customs in Michigan. Give Mark a call.
mepstein
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 12 2019, 12:37 PM) *

Since you are willing to ship send it to Original Customs in Michigan. Give Mark a call.

agree.gif
thelogo
Even if you just want to
Punch it to 2.0 and freshen up
Regardless of displacement its not cheap

If you buy something pulled or dropped from another 914
you will save huge amounts of time and money

Good
Running 1.7 or 1.8 is fraction of cost and almost as much fun as a 1911 with all the goodies
Minerva's 914
fat performance ca

I shipped my 2.0 to them for rebuild. Great service, knowledgeable staff, and the motor is strong.

Might give them a call. Not cheap but best craftsmanship around. Long time type 4 shop.
brainf18
QUOTE(Krieger @ May 12 2019, 12:37 PM) *

Just sent Mark and Email. Thanks for the info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.