Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Correct ECU for 1.7 registered October 1971, Need advice!
Bibble
post May 18 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,472
Region Association: None

Hello all,

I am looking to get my ECU refurbished - the car was running very rich when it came off the road around 15 months ago. I have started to tidy up the pipes, check the mps, connectors etc but as I’m committed to retaining the original set up, I would like to have the ECU in top order, for now and the future. Took mine out yesterday and noted the serial number is very close to the rennlist table detailing the ECUs fitted but mine is slightly different - Bosch - 0280000032 as against 0280000037. The VW serial number is 022906021C which again is close with the same numbers just a different letter either A or U but seem to be either A or Bs or U ... but not a C ... My question is, is this an issue? Or just a slightly different number but essentially the correct ECU for the car? My car was first registered in the UK in October 1971.

I only ever seem to see the Bosch versions ending in 037 on eBay etc.

Also, any recommendations on a good company either in Europe to avoid customs duty or the USA to recondition my unit assuming it’s the correct one.

Many thanks for any advice

Jonathan
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:04 PM