Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-4 AGM Battery, Proper Fit
StarBear
post May 21 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Yep; just put an Optimum Red 34R. THey new come with all sorts of adaptors; fit perfectly (though I preferred to shave a bit off each bottom side to slide in/out of the battery tray a bit more easily. The hold-down clamp (4-5 options included in each one) is great. Just make sure you get a fresh one - lots of old ones still on shelves....
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
saigon71
post May 21 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,428
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

A word of caution for those with the factory rain tray looking to buy an Optima. Buy the 34 (NOT R). It puts the posts on the outboard side of the battery so the decklid will close without interference.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
porschetub
post May 22 2019, 12:01 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

The biggest benefit with a AGM is the low discharge rate ,ideal for a weekend car or garage queen that has little use ,battery tech has come a long way so we don't need to carry around 30+ pounds of extra weight with a wet cell.
Downsides...mine has a really small 6mm bolt post setup,I have adapted to that but a pain,they DO not like being run really flat and for that reason they will not last as long.
My main point is you don't need to spend a bunch on a suitable battery (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) .
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:57 AM