Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> '73 2.0 fuelie garage find rescue, fuel injection advice needed
Chris Steineger
post May 27 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,165
Region Association: None

Hello,

I just bought my first 914. Its a 1973 2.0 car that was parked inside past 15-20 years. Before, that it was always a Calif car, so no rust at all. And lottsa nice options. Green and tan. Car was previously owned & maintained by a retired Porsche mechanic.

I've pulled the calipers and gas tank for cleaning and rebuild. I did get the engine to fire by using a remote starter and dribbling gas down the fuelie throat. It sounds amazingly good given the long hibernation.

Q: what recommendations do you have regards cleaning & rebuilding the fuel injection system ? Obviously, I'm cleaning the tank and lines under the car. What vendors are recommended to rebuild fuel distributor or supply injectors and the lines in the engine compartment ?

Q: anybody have a spare tool kit for sale ?

Chris Steineger
Kansas City, KS
913-269-3722
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:36 PM