Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Why do I do this to myself??, I hate not being mechanical!!
MoveQik
post Jun 25 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #1

What size wheels can I fit?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

So I have some free time today and nothing is going on here locally. I decide that I'll finally put on the master cylinder brace that I picked up a few weeks ago from Travis Neff. Seems easy enough.

Out to the garage I go with printed instructions from Travis in hand. Splash plate comes off no sweat. Brace goes on easy enough. So I think. I start to put the splash plate back on and quickly realize that Travis showed the clamps positioned a certain way for a reason! The plate won't go back on if they aren't mounted just so. Ahhh...lets try it again. This time FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! So I turn everything and I still can't get the friggin plate back on. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

I somehow take the easiest modification and make it an all afternoon project! I would guess several of these braces have been sold and I'll bet all of them have been installed in about 30 minutes. This is just the wrong hobby for me. It is no wonder why I had to take my car to the local shop to be reassembled after I "restored" it. I'd better stick to wood working!

Back out I go to try and get the plate back on. I'll get a bigger hammer this time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:32 AM