Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A little help? Stall issue, 914 1.7L 1971
milwlandrover
post Jun 10 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,592
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Good afternoon Guys,

I had my car put away in the winter. Took it out about 1 day in March ago on a 40 degree day and it started just great. Drove about 10 miles and shut it off. The next day it didn't start . I screwed around with it to no avail.
Saturday a Volkswagen guy came to the house and we changed all the plug wires, new plugs (gapped) cleaned the distributor, set the timing, pulled all the injectors and cleaned them and replaced the injector hoses. Started it up and although it "hunted" at idle once I drove around it was running fine. After about 10 miles I lost power, it was like there was no throttle. I waited 20 minutes and it started and ran about a mile and would lose power again. It did this about 5 times and then it ran good again.
I was thinking it sounds like "vapor lock", but it was only about 70 degrees here in Milwaukee I didn't think the vapor lock would happen multiple times.
I toped the tank off with new Premium fuel.
I checked my compression and #1 plug was 90 #2 90 #3 80 and #4 was 70 but those readings were before we got the engine started so I would expect them to be low.
Any ideas?
As always, thanks for your help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:09 PM