Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Should I buy it?, I'd have to sell my truck!
Bucket
post Jun 26 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,562

I have found a 914 for sale in the area. So I called the guy.

Rust. The car has a hole below the battery about the size of a golf ball, But the rust was repaird. The hole was not patched. The car has had an under coat sprayed on it. The paint is newer dont now how old yet.

Motor 2.0 . The motor has had the top end rebuilt. The head has been ported and polished. It has a set of webber 44s, but they need to be rejeted. What damage would be done to the motor besides runnig hot if I dont get the carbs rejeted? How much should I spend on getting it rejeted? How reliable is this set up?

Some pics. I hope they work. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/toy4runner19...album?.dir=5dcf

This is what it comes down to. To get the car I have to sell my reliable toyota 4runner. I have put a lot of money in to my truck. Right now I'm a student, but Im whith in bike distence from school ( I could loss a few pounds too). But it gets up to around 120 in the Phoenix area. I also live in an apartment so I don't have a place to work on it. I could do small things to the car. They have small garages at my apatments. How much do you spend on maintenance?

I now every car is diffrent. I now alot has to do with the previous owners. The guy wants $3,000 do you thinck its worth the risk?

Thanks (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:07 PM