Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front Suspension recomendations
rcampbell2909
post Jun 22 2019, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,617
Region Association: North East States

Hello all,

I have done some searching and have not come up with much for recent results to guide me in a direction to make a decision in improving my front suspension. This question is in regard to a '75. I need to replace my front struts as one is leaking oil and the other seems to have no resistance left at this point. I have been running with the front around 3" lower than stock height (adjusted using the small bolt on the torsion bars). I wanted to consider any upgrades/changes while I will be changing the struts.

Should I be looking at other options to lower the front? I was shopping for struts and noticed that there is a "sport" strut in the Bilstein line to be used with lowered springs-but I have not found the springs to match...

What are my best options at this point? Just replace the struts and continue to run with the adjusters where they are for ride height? Explore lowering springs? Other options? Is there anything else I should be doing while I am in there replacing struts?

Also, what is the current thought on the various struts that are available. I see a variety I see Bilsteins, Sachs, Boge, etc... This is a street car with a large stroker 4 cylinder, but will not see much if any track time.

Thank you for any assistance that can be offered.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:19 AM