Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Snorkle is too long!, Is there more than on size?
BPic
post Jul 2 2019, 05:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,864
Region Association: South East States

Installed the harness and added the snorkel but it's bent. It's just too long to fit properly. I got it from 914rubber.

Anyone else have an issue with their snorkel being too long? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/134.gif) Ok let the jokes rip but, tell me how to fix this please. It looks hideous!

@Mikey914 - Any suggestions?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jul 2 2019, 07:21 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

Do a search on snorkel. This has come up before. IIRC, hole to big or too small. Snorkel too long, etc. There is a difference between the years. Personal snorkel issues are nothing to be ashamed of. It happened to lots of people that bought this snorkel.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=snorkel
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Jul 2 2019, 07:27 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(BPic @ Jul 2 2019, 05:28 AM) *

Installed the harness and added the snorkel but it's bent. It's just too long to fit properly. I got it from 914rubber.

Anyone else have an issue with their snorkel being too long? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/134.gif) Ok let the jokes rip but, tell me how to fix this please. It looks hideous!

@Mikey914 - Any suggestions?

The 914Rubber snorkel is patterned after a six which does have a longer snorkel. My work around was to put what I call the "reverse foreskin fold" into the end to shorten it. Hey, you started it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=321374
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-20845-1514318731.jpg)
+Quote Post
mb911
post Jul 2 2019, 11:09 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yes the hole is an issue on the later car's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .. This is my car.. Attached Image
+Quote Post
BPic
post Jul 2 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 21,864
Region Association: South East States

The 914Rubber snorkel is patterned after a six which does have a longer snorkel. My work around was to put what I call the "reverse foreskin fold" into the end to shorten it. Hey, you started it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

So @bbrock What your saying is a reverse circumcision? Are there Mohel's that specialize in this?

I think that is the route I will attempt. The only other fix I could come up with would be to cut it and try to glue it back together. Your idea is probably safer.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 2 2019, 12:10 PM
Post #6

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(BPic @ Jul 2 2019, 02:06 PM) *

So @bbrock What your saying is a reverse circumcision? Are there Mohel's that specialize in this?

I think that is the route I will attempt. The only other fix I could come up with would be to cut it and try to glue it back together. Your idea is probably safer.

Saigon cut and used a black waterproof tape (not electrical). Didn’t look stock but looked secure.
+Quote Post
mtndawg
post Jul 2 2019, 01:01 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,985
Region Association: None

I had the same issue. Get a rain tube grommet from 914rubber and fit it in the slot at the top of the snorkel. It fits the hole perfectly. You'll have to revisit it a few times because the edge of the small grommet will want to work it's way out of the slot around the snorkel. It's a nice tight fit once in place and looks great!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Jul 2 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 2 2019, 10:09 AM) *

Yes the hole is an issue on the later car's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .. This is my car.. Attached Image

I ran into the opposite problem, my snorkel was too big to fit the hole in the shelf.
I did not realize there were different sizes and spent quite a bit of time trying to get it in.

After researching i ordered a new snorkel from 914rubber and it is a little long so I just curved it a little, does look the greatest but it works.

Hopefully I don't get fired for typing this from work.

Jim
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Jul 2 2019, 07:29 PM
Post #9

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Curving is the technique to use you can loose an inch.
We are working on the late snorkel tube design now. Tooling is about 2 months out depending on other projects being completed on time.
Mark
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:11 AM