Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Snorkle is too long!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
Installed the harness and added the snorkel but it's bent. It's just too long to fit properly. I got it from 914rubber.

Anyone else have an issue with their snorkel being too long? 134.gif Ok let the jokes rip but, tell me how to fix this please. It looks hideous!

@Mikey914 - Any suggestions?

Click to view attachment
Steve
Do a search on snorkel. This has come up before. IIRC, hole to big or too small. Snorkel too long, etc. There is a difference between the years. Personal snorkel issues are nothing to be ashamed of. It happened to lots of people that bought this snorkel.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=snorkel
bbrock
QUOTE(BPic @ Jul 2 2019, 05:28 AM) *

Installed the harness and added the snorkel but it's bent. It's just too long to fit properly. I got it from 914rubber.

Anyone else have an issue with their snorkel being too long? 134.gif Ok let the jokes rip but, tell me how to fix this please. It looks hideous!

@Mikey914 - Any suggestions?

The 914Rubber snorkel is patterned after a six which does have a longer snorkel. My work around was to put what I call the "reverse foreskin fold" into the end to shorten it. Hey, you started it! lol-2.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=321374
IPB Image
mb911
Yes the hole is an issue on the later car's mad.gif .. This is my car.. Click to view attachment
BPic
The 914Rubber snorkel is patterned after a six which does have a longer snorkel. My work around was to put what I call the "reverse foreskin fold" into the end to shorten it. Hey, you started it! lol-2.gif

So @bbrock What your saying is a reverse circumcision? Are there Mohel's that specialize in this?

I think that is the route I will attempt. The only other fix I could come up with would be to cut it and try to glue it back together. Your idea is probably safer.
mepstein
QUOTE(BPic @ Jul 2 2019, 02:06 PM) *

So @bbrock What your saying is a reverse circumcision? Are there Mohel's that specialize in this?

I think that is the route I will attempt. The only other fix I could come up with would be to cut it and try to glue it back together. Your idea is probably safer.

Saigon cut and used a black waterproof tape (not electrical). Didn’t look stock but looked secure.
mtndawg
I had the same issue. Get a rain tube grommet from 914rubber and fit it in the slot at the top of the snorkel. It fits the hole perfectly. You'll have to revisit it a few times because the edge of the small grommet will want to work it's way out of the slot around the snorkel. It's a nice tight fit once in place and looks great!
jcd914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 2 2019, 10:09 AM) *

Yes the hole is an issue on the later car's mad.gif .. This is my car.. Click to view attachment

I ran into the opposite problem, my snorkel was too big to fit the hole in the shelf.
I did not realize there were different sizes and spent quite a bit of time trying to get it in.

After researching i ordered a new snorkel from 914rubber and it is a little long so I just curved it a little, does look the greatest but it works.

Hopefully I don't get fired for typing this from work.

Jim
Mikey914
Curving is the technique to use you can loose an inch.
We are working on the late snorkel tube design now. Tooling is about 2 months out depending on other projects being completed on time.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.