Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone near Westchester, NY want to help??, Tuning Carbs.. '72
yarin
post Jun 28 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

Hey all,

I'm still trying to work the bugs out of my '72 2.0 with dual webers. The engine is supposedly a power engine, that was tuned and dynoed. I have the tools, garage, but not the carb know-how. Something is still terribly wrong, the flow gauge shows 7 / 6.5 at idle and 20 / 10 at a higher rpm (2000 i think). At full throttle both throttle plates appear full open. I set the idle with a feeler gauge on each individual carb, went 1 turn after that, and a little more on both sides. It idles fine. Timing is right, ignition hardware is all new. The valves sound ok, but they might need adjusting.

Either way, I need to get this car running sooner rather than later. Is there anyone in my area that can help? I'm willing to pay. The car is in upper westchester, it is registered and insured. Presently not streetable due to turn signals and an engine that has no power/farts a lot under any load.

Thanks --Yarin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:14 PM