Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone near Westchester, NY want to help??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
Hey all,

I'm still trying to work the bugs out of my '72 2.0 with dual webers. The engine is supposedly a power engine, that was tuned and dynoed. I have the tools, garage, but not the carb know-how. Something is still terribly wrong, the flow gauge shows 7 / 6.5 at idle and 20 / 10 at a higher rpm (2000 i think). At full throttle both throttle plates appear full open. I set the idle with a feeler gauge on each individual carb, went 1 turn after that, and a little more on both sides. It idles fine. Timing is right, ignition hardware is all new. The valves sound ok, but they might need adjusting.

Either way, I need to get this car running sooner rather than later. Is there anyone in my area that can help? I'm willing to pay. The car is in upper westchester, it is registered and insured. Presently not streetable due to turn signals and an engine that has no power/farts a lot under any load.

Thanks --Yarin
Thorshammer
I may be in the area next week. I can help you .

Please give me a call and we will set it up. I live near Cape Cod, but will be there for business next week or the week after.

Erik Madsen

508-524-3145.

Please ensure you perform a compression test and check the valves. If you don't have the gauge. I'll bring mine. I just don't want to deal with another problem besides the carbs and some timing. I can probably spend one evening with you and we should be able to sort it out.
larryp
I cannot help since I do not know my ass from my elbow, but if I am around, I will bring beer and make snarky unhelpful comments about how overlong it is taking.
yarin
Hey Erik,

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to check the valves and adjust if needed this weekend. I don't want you to take a trip for nothing. I will also check compression.

Thanks! I'll give you a ring after this weekend.

Larry... thanks for the offer. I might end up doing the same, who knows. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.