Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rear "Porsche" Panel for 914, Do these still exist?
Gatornapper
post Aug 21 2019, 12:40 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

Really really nice.

GN

QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 20 2019, 08:52 PM) *

I went a little different route. Used LED strip on the tail panel at the edge of the weatherstrip, and reflective tape on the underside lip of the decklid to reflect the light down.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Aug 21 2019, 12:44 PM
Post #42

I generally do the opposite of what's "IN". And never don't do something because it's "OUT". In pretty much everything, I could not care less what others think. I'll do what I like for myself. I'm 74.

What's interesting when I've done things often considered "contrary" to norms, they usually end up being greatly complimented.

Financially I don't care about the value of the car - it doesn't affect me. If I sell it or pass it on, it will be worth more than I have in it. How much doesn't really matter.

And I'm far more focused on technical issues than cosmetic ones.......

But in say that, I want to thank you for showing concern for my car as an investment, and wanting to be helpful in that area. Your thoughts and intentions were commendable.

GN

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 20 2019, 09:57 AM) *

Some things that were IN style have gone OUT of style........

+Quote Post
Rand
post Aug 21 2019, 12:49 PM
Post #43

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

I respect that. And now I want to know more about what else you do! Can I come help?
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Aug 21 2019, 01:24 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

SWEET!
+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Aug 21 2019, 01:30 PM
Post #45

Thank you for your post. Ditto to all your thoughts.

LOVE what you did......IF I get one, would love to do what you did exactly, so I'll come back for more details if/when that happens.

GN

Rand, Rand, Rand,
I’m sure you’re probably a nice guy, yet you’re 914 view is very myopic. First of all, some of us couldn’t care less about our 914’s “collector value”. That’s another person in the future that I don’t know. Second, my 914 is willed to my son, and I hope that he derives at least half of the pleasure that I do regularly drifting it around corners. Third, I like the look of my 914 rear end with the reflector on it. Fourth, I have running light LEDs behind the panel that I would bet makes my car MUCH easier to see from the back at night, and thus much SAFER than stock. Fifth, I also have BRAKE light LEDs behind the panel, again vastly improving visibility, and SAFETY over stock. So I respectfully suggest that I have added GREAT value to my 914 in areas like visibility and safety that matter to me instead of, perhaps, some esoteric “value” to some unknown person two generations in the future. That’s just seems “right” for me...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Gatornapper
post Aug 21 2019, 01:49 PM
Post #46

Rand -

Was this reply for me, or someone else?

BTW, I own 6 motorcycles. Ride all. Too old for dirt bikes tho but friends ride theirs on our 15 acre property.....one of my bikes is a '71 Triumph Trophy 500 T100C scrambler that runs like new, starts on 1 kick, all original, bought from original owner 10 years ago. 1 of 3 old Triumphs - all award-winning bikes in vintage bike shows....

This bike now has period round mirrors - had none originally - were not required then...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i890.photobucket.com-21449-1566416998.1.jpg)

GN

QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 21 2019, 12:49 PM) *

I respect that. And now I want to know more about what else you do! Can I come help?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:59 AM