Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 50 YEARS PORSCHE 914, fantastic book
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Aug 31 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

Although this topic first appeared on the "Garage Forum", this book may very well appeal to those who frequent the "History & Originality" section of this great 914 site. My book just arrived today and it is absolutely wonderful with its scope and depth and photographic depiction of the design, production and variants of the 914. The bibliography, acknowledgments and photo credits lend extreme credibility to this book.
Over 200 pages of text and photography give this a "must have" on a 914 enthusiats' book shelf. That the cover states "EDITION PORSCHE MUSEUM" surely gives it the factory's blessing.

Paul

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Aug 31 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 22,979
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 31 2019, 01:23 PM) *

Although this topic first appeared on the "Garage Forum", this book may very well appeal to those who frequent the "History & Originality" section of this great 914 site. My book just arrived today and it is absolutely wonderful with its scope and depth and photographic depiction of the design, production and variants of the 914. The bibliography, acknowledgments and photo credits lend extreme credibility to this book.
Over 200 pages of text and photography give this a "must have" on a 914 enthusiats' book shelf. That the cover states "EDITION PORSCHE MUSEUM" surely gives it the factory's blessing.

Paul

Hey, thanks for the post about this book.......I immediately went to ebay and found one for $52 (includes tax and shipping) as I was concerned that if I put it off, they would be gone. When I googled the book, several came up ranging from $44 - $110. I bet they'll be gone shortly....... Looking forward to getting it for my book collection......

I am the proud owner (42 years) of a 1970 914-6 (2nd owner) and before this one I had another 1970 914-6 and before that, my first step into the Porsche world with a 1973 914 1.7.

LOVE my 914-6! Happy 50th Anniversary 914!

Cheers
Margie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

(P.S. My sign in photo was taken at Luftekuhlt 5 last year and I just realized that the car that looks like it is sitting on top of mine is Jeff Zwart's! Cool......)
+Quote Post
ndfrigi
post Aug 31 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Aug 31 2019, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 31 2019, 01:23 PM) *

Paul

Hey, thanks for the post about this book.......I immediately went to ebay and found one for $52 (includes tax and shipping) as I was concerned that if I put it off, they would be gone. When I googled the book, several came up ranging from $44 - $110. I bet they'll be gone shortly....... Looking forward to getting it for my book collection......

I am the proud owner (42 years) of a 1970 914-6 (2nd owner) and before this one I had another 1970 914-6 and before that, my first step into the Porsche world with a 1973 914 1.7.

LOVE my 914-6! Happy 50th Anniversary 914!

Cheers
Margie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

(P.S. My sign in photo was taken at Luftekuhlt 5 last year and I just realized that the car that looks like it is sitting on top of mine is Jeff Zwart's! Cool......)

Nice!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bkrantz
post Sep 3 2019, 08:37 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 23,343
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

As listed on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-914-Years-Ju...C213&sr=8-1
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 5 2019, 10:16 AM
Post #5

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

Yes, it's available all over the net at widely ranging prices, so shop around, but also make sure it's the English version (or your preferred language) when sold outside of the USA.

I've seen some in the $40-50 range with free shipping from the US & UK, but IIRC they were on evil-bay.

Been traveling, but I need to order one myself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Oct 20 2019, 08:08 AM
Post #6

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Got mine yesterday, from Walmart- $42 including shipping. Overall I'm impressed except I found my favorite controversy on page 89... the grasshopper controversy. Limited editions are either bumblebees or creamsicles- there are no grasshoppers & anyone can read the letter Porsche sent to Jeff Bowlsby on his limited edition website that says so. The author also stated that custom colors were available at an additional cost... news to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Apr 23 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 20,484
Region Association: Northern California

Just ordered - $65 now
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:06 PM