Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 YEARS PORSCHE 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
Although this topic first appeared on the "Garage Forum", this book may very well appeal to those who frequent the "History & Originality" section of this great 914 site. My book just arrived today and it is absolutely wonderful with its scope and depth and photographic depiction of the design, production and variants of the 914. The bibliography, acknowledgments and photo credits lend extreme credibility to this book.
Over 200 pages of text and photography give this a "must have" on a 914 enthusiats' book shelf. That the cover states "EDITION PORSCHE MUSEUM" surely gives it the factory's blessing.

Paul
914SIXXation
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 31 2019, 01:23 PM) *

Although this topic first appeared on the "Garage Forum", this book may very well appeal to those who frequent the "History & Originality" section of this great 914 site. My book just arrived today and it is absolutely wonderful with its scope and depth and photographic depiction of the design, production and variants of the 914. The bibliography, acknowledgments and photo credits lend extreme credibility to this book.
Over 200 pages of text and photography give this a "must have" on a 914 enthusiats' book shelf. That the cover states "EDITION PORSCHE MUSEUM" surely gives it the factory's blessing.

Paul

Hey, thanks for the post about this book.......I immediately went to ebay and found one for $52 (includes tax and shipping) as I was concerned that if I put it off, they would be gone. When I googled the book, several came up ranging from $44 - $110. I bet they'll be gone shortly....... Looking forward to getting it for my book collection......

I am the proud owner (42 years) of a 1970 914-6 (2nd owner) and before this one I had another 1970 914-6 and before that, my first step into the Porsche world with a 1973 914 1.7.

LOVE my 914-6! Happy 50th Anniversary 914!

Cheers
Margie driving-girl.gif

(P.S. My sign in photo was taken at Luftekuhlt 5 last year and I just realized that the car that looks like it is sitting on top of mine is Jeff Zwart's! Cool......)
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Aug 31 2019, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 31 2019, 01:23 PM) *

Paul

Hey, thanks for the post about this book.......I immediately went to ebay and found one for $52 (includes tax and shipping) as I was concerned that if I put it off, they would be gone. When I googled the book, several came up ranging from $44 - $110. I bet they'll be gone shortly....... Looking forward to getting it for my book collection......

I am the proud owner (42 years) of a 1970 914-6 (2nd owner) and before this one I had another 1970 914-6 and before that, my first step into the Porsche world with a 1973 914 1.7.

LOVE my 914-6! Happy 50th Anniversary 914!

Cheers
Margie driving-girl.gif

(P.S. My sign in photo was taken at Luftekuhlt 5 last year and I just realized that the car that looks like it is sitting on top of mine is Jeff Zwart's! Cool......)

Nice!
bkrantz
As listed on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Porsche-914-Years-Ju...C213&sr=8-1
Tom_T
Yes, it's available all over the net at widely ranging prices, so shop around, but also make sure it's the English version (or your preferred language) when sold outside of the USA.

I've seen some in the $40-50 range with free shipping from the US & UK, but IIRC they were on evil-bay.

Been traveling, but I need to order one myself! type.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Johny Blackstain
Got mine yesterday, from Walmart- $42 including shipping. Overall I'm impressed except I found my favorite controversy on page 89... the grasshopper controversy. Limited editions are either bumblebees or creamsicles- there are no grasshoppers & anyone can read the letter Porsche sent to Jeff Bowlsby on his limited edition website that says so. The author also stated that custom colors were available at an additional cost... news to me. blink.gif
flat4guy
Just ordered - $65 now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.