Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Grinding as I shift to Reverse
malcolm2
post Sep 3 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

The forum answered this not too long ago. But let's see if I have another issue.

So the answer back in April seemed to be that the cable was stretching when HOT. I adjusted and the grind went away. But a month later the TOB crapped out.

So, New TOB, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Seals, Cable, etc.... and today I drove home for lunch. Maybe 90* air temp, 230 Oil temp, 30 psi Oil pressure, 325 CHT. As I tried to back out of the driveway.... GRINDDDD. Every time. So I started the car with the clutch in and in reverse. Backed out and drove to work.

4 hours of cooling in the parking lot and NO GRIND for backing out of my parking spot. But similar system temps on the way home. Pulled in the garage and GRINDDD again as I test Reverse before I shut down.

You think I am dealing a heat related stretch again on this new cable?

Plan is to tighten it up a thread or two after it cools. Did I miss anything?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:38 AM