Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help selling car, What do I need to change
tmc914
post Sep 6 2019, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,452
Region Association: North East States

Offered my car for sale and it did not sell. Must not be doing something right. Should give a little history of why I'm selling the car. Found that I didn't enjoy working on it as much as I thought I would. It was a little bit fun but more frustrating than fun. The vision in my head of when I worked on my old cars years ago to keep them running is through rose colored glasses. Same with driving the car. Rose colored glasses again. These old bones don't like getting in and out of the car. I miss the modern conveniences and the car is so small I worry about how it would crumple in an accident compared to today's modern cars. So now I don't drive it as much either. It is tough to let the car go but it should be driven and not just collect dust. It is best to sell the car. I have been fortunate to own many cars of my dreams. The first was a few Mustangs, then the Porsche and now the Tesla Model 3 wants room in the garage.

When I bought the car in 2017 I overpaid and was okay with that. I bought the car and planned to keep it many years or sell it if it didn't give me that funny feeling I get when I drive certain cars. Here is a picture of my new car.
Attached Image

This is a 2019 all wheel drive dual motor with long range battery. This car gives me that funny feeling when I drive it and I love the modern conveniences. Was going to buy this car before the Porsche and chickened out at the last minute. Bought the Porsche and have no regrets. But I am definitely not a salesman and need help selling the Porsche.

First I must lower my asking price. Thanks for not trashing the original for sale post with "that car isn't worth it". Here is a link to the original post:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=340211

Should I change the description? Should I add or take away photo's? I know this forum is not the classifieds but the Garage is where I have posted the most and great advise has been given in the past. I also tried to sell the car on Ebay and it did not meet my reserve of $8,000. I want to sell the car not have it stolen. The bid only went to $5,400 and that seems to low to me. Is that really what the car is worth? I don't have to sell right away but putting it in storage for the winter will happen soon enough if it doesn't sell. What do you guys think I should do next?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tmc914   Need help selling car   Sep 6 2019, 03:40 PM
Superhawk996   With all due respect, the rust is what is hurting ...   Sep 6 2019, 03:44 PM
tmc914   With all due respect, the rust is what is hurting...   Sep 6 2019, 04:26 PM
dr914@autoatlanta.com   so it looks like the car is opened up a bit and th...   Sep 6 2019, 04:34 PM
DickSteinkamp   Yes, the window is messed up, not a bad camera a...   Sep 6 2019, 05:15 PM
mepstein   I would try ebay again. Look at ads where the car ...   Sep 6 2019, 03:50 PM
tmc914   I would try ebay again. Look at ads where the car...   Sep 6 2019, 04:04 PM
mepstein   I would try ebay again. Look at ads where the ca...   Sep 6 2019, 04:11 PM
DickSteinkamp   It seems you are saying to list a best offer p...   Sep 6 2019, 05:08 PM
DickSteinkamp   I would try ebay again. Look at ads where the car...   Sep 6 2019, 05:01 PM
dr914@autoatlanta.com   over spray, rusty rear shocks cheap steering wheel...   Sep 6 2019, 04:00 PM
Superhawk996   Door looks gapped at the top which is highly unusu...   Sep 6 2019, 04:36 PM
tmc914   Door looks gapped at the top which is highly unus...   Sep 6 2019, 04:48 PM
Specracer   Dont ignore Craigs List. Especially as the car is ...   Sep 6 2019, 05:54 PM
Front yard mechanic   Dont ignore Craigs List. Especially as the car is...   Sep 6 2019, 08:47 PM
DickSteinkamp   Dont ignore Craigs List. Especially as the car is...   Sep 6 2019, 09:32 PM
Mikey914   Well you do have some things going for you. 1st st...   Sep 7 2019, 01:33 AM
sixnotfour   you mention the blower fan and heat do not work, ...   Sep 7 2019, 04:14 AM
tmc914   Thanks all for the input. I have revised my ad and...   Sep 7 2019, 06:12 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:23 AM