Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dang bird poop!, I have Mistress all washed and waxed......
Jamie
post Sep 9 2019, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,939
Region Association: South East States

...ready to drive to Okteenerfest on Thursday, and decided to test adjustment of my new driver seat. Drove to my nephew's last evening, and on the return home drove under a huge cloud of starlings circling overhead. Zillions of them milling about, and I took 3 direct poop hits on the hood, splattering onto the nice clean windshield as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) Dangit! I could even smell it! I had already discovered that the relatively new clearcoat had been etched by bug splats in the past, now a new mess to clean up. I now know to clean such hits immediately, so that job is now done, and Mistress will stay in the garage until time to leave on Thursday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Minerva's 914
post Sep 9 2019, 10:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 19,489
Region Association: South East States

Crows remember faces of people that wrong them AND they tell their friends Be careful out there, Hitchcock tried to warn us!!!

+Quote Post
bbrock
post Sep 9 2019, 10:04 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Fun Fact: You can thank Eugene Schieffelin for that mess. That good fellow imported both the house sparrow and European starling for release in New York City through the mid to late 1800s. Legend has it that he thought it would be nifty to introduce all of the birds mentioned in Shakespeare's works to Central Park. Over the following decades, those two species drove bluebirds and other native species out of urban and suburban yards and have been crapping on fine automobiles ever since. Wasn't that nice of him? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
maf914
post Sep 9 2019, 10:08 AM
Post #4

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 9 2019, 07:18 AM) *

drove under a huge cloud of starlings circling overhead. Zillions of them milling about, and I took 3 direct poop hits on the hood, splattering onto the nice clean windshield as well.

Reminds me of love-bug season, which occurs twice a year in May and September. Nasty mess and smell too.

We just had hurricane Dorian cruise up the Atlantic coast, now we have a storm of love-bugs on the way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Sep 9 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #5

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Man I hate that! Definitely need to get it off the paint ASAP so it does not etch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Sep 9 2019, 11:05 AM
Post #6

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

sat 2 days, obviously the wrong spot...I got revenge thou...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:25 AM