Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dang bird poop!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
...ready to drive to Okteenerfest on Thursday, and decided to test adjustment of my new driver seat. Drove to my nephew's last evening, and on the return home drove under a huge cloud of starlings circling overhead. Zillions of them milling about, and I took 3 direct poop hits on the hood, splattering onto the nice clean windshield as well. stromberg.gif Dangit! I could even smell it! I had already discovered that the relatively new clearcoat had been etched by bug splats in the past, now a new mess to clean up. I now know to clean such hits immediately, so that job is now done, and Mistress will stay in the garage until time to leave on Thursday! driving.gif
Minerva's 914
Crows remember faces of people that wrong them AND they tell their friends Be careful out there, Hitchcock tried to warn us!!!

bbrock
Fun Fact: You can thank Eugene Schieffelin for that mess. That good fellow imported both the house sparrow and European starling for release in New York City through the mid to late 1800s. Legend has it that he thought it would be nifty to introduce all of the birds mentioned in Shakespeare's works to Central Park. Over the following decades, those two species drove bluebirds and other native species out of urban and suburban yards and have been crapping on fine automobiles ever since. Wasn't that nice of him? beerchug.gif
maf914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 9 2019, 07:18 AM) *

drove under a huge cloud of starlings circling overhead. Zillions of them milling about, and I took 3 direct poop hits on the hood, splattering onto the nice clean windshield as well.

Reminds me of love-bug season, which occurs twice a year in May and September. Nasty mess and smell too.

We just had hurricane Dorian cruise up the Atlantic coast, now we have a storm of love-bugs on the way. wacko.gif
Cairo94507
Man I hate that! Definitely need to get it off the paint ASAP so it does not etch. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
sat 2 days, obviously the wrong spot...I got revenge thou...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.