Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tapered Screw, The One Behind the Firewall
ballsyfacts914
post Sep 17 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,413
Region Association: Northern California

Some of you may be following my trails and tribulations regarding my shifting linkage. Many thanks again to all who have responded with helpful tips.

My new problem is this, the "tapered" screw I removed from the linkage at the firewall was just the screw part, no cone at the top. I was too focused on removal to notice this difference at the time. After getting new parts so I could replace the dual busihngs in the coupler, you know, the aluminum/fragile one I melted trying to remove the pin, I was able to put it all back together.

What I unfortunately noticed much too late was the where the tapered screw is supposed to go. The rod coming from the cockpit does not have a hole for the tapered part of the screw. I am 99% sure I didn't lose part of the screw in the rod when I removed, after a little heat it came right out.

I realize the rod coming from the cockpit should have room for the tapered part of the screw but my question is does the screw actually screw into this rod or does it merely enter and secure the rods together. Pretty sure whomever originally removed the tapered screw lost part of it and just jimmied it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 08:25 PM