Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damn you Craigslist V8 914 build thread, Once more down the rabbit hole I go
FL000
post Oct 23 2020, 10:27 AM
Post #121

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,076
Region Association: Southern California

Sounds like you have been busy! Go big or go home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
djway
post Oct 23 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 19,266
Region Association: Southern California

I saw that listed on DeadClutch. Seems like there would be lots of flex in the rear with no support to rear trans mount/sway bar mount. But you are just buying the motor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Oct 24 2020, 12:19 AM
Post #123

Member No.: 18,454
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 22 2020, 10:25 AM) *

That's a killer car! Is there a title? It would be fun to see that thing on the streets (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yes there is a title, but it is a well thought out race car so it would be a shame to abandon all of that work without at least having some fun on the track with it first. This is my longest "drive" with it so far https://www.instagram.com/p/CGs7APvlk1U/?igshid=uhn9wplbfevb

That thing just wants to rip. Can't wait to get to the point where I can drive it
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Oct 24 2020, 12:27 AM
Post #124

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 23 2020, 05:04 AM) *

@Matty900
thats some crazy road trippin' there up and down the coast! sounds like some fun projects that you have in the works in the coming year. Which care are you taking to Lufte? thats a LONG drive to NC from Oregon! now that its scheduled again in April i will have to think long and hard about it, not sure if i am going to Amelia this year or not, but there are so many cool cars there too and if Werks Reunion is on then i guess i will go, but ive never been to Luftegekuhlt so going to try and make that happen, would be great to see you guys again. this race car is a crazy beast always nice when you can write off a toy like that as a business expense, right!?! in the name of research! looking forward to seeing those CF parts too.

Not sure if anything is officially set but I am going to to act as if it is so I can push for it. The race car is out of my pocket not the company (we would actually have to get paid for that to happen) I just believe that if we are going to make the best parts we can for a race car, we need to have a race car. Plus the price was really too good to pass up.
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Oct 24 2020, 12:30 AM
Post #125

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2020, 06:44 AM) *

Actually the cars are not part of the business. Sure some events we can sponsor and write off, but Matt’s got the bug.
Even tried to talk him out of the race car.

Although, I do recall telling my wife it’s not hoarding if it says Porsche on it.

Oh crap ....... maybe I have a problem too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I feel like is saw this in a Just Say No commercial when we were growing up.

"I learned it from watching you!" Mark (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Except my wife knows about all of my cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Oct 24 2020, 12:33 AM
Post #126

QUOTE(FL 000 @ Oct 23 2020, 09:27 AM) *

Sounds like you have been busy! Go big or go home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Big will be the LS in the Orange car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Oct 24 2020, 12:38 AM
Post #127

QUOTE(djway @ Oct 23 2020, 08:27 PM) *

I saw that listed on DeadClutch. Seems like there would be lots of flex in the rear with no support to rear trans mount/sway bar mount. But you are just buying the motor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Seller did not really do a great job trying to sell that car.
What if the add looked something like this
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGlwSldl-Fi/?igshid=do2ss9xnmlfr

Actually seems pretty stiff in my limited drive so far https://www.instagram.com/p/CGs7APvlk1U/?igshid=uhn9wplbfevb

Yes the price for the motor and transmission was cheap and it came wrapped up in a car that actually runs and drives (just not very far if I don't want to burn it to the ground with dried up fuel lines and gaskets on the carbs. At least it sat with race gas and not ethanol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 04:56 PM