Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Suprised that accumulator is -6AN, here's a pic...could it be? [914/6]
DougC
post Jun 30 2005, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,307

I ordered some parts from Summit for connecting my (hard) fuel lines to flex hose the other day. I assumed that I'd have to find stock Porsche fittings to connect the new fuel lines to the stock fuel accumulator/filter that's required for my 2.7L CIS engine. Just for the heck of it I tried one of the -6AN fitting that Summit sent me and (to my surprise) it seemed to fit the threads on the accumulator and the filter. Could that be right, Porsche using AN thread sizes for stock fittings?

One potential problem however is that the accumulator/filter fittings aren't tapered or flared for the AN fittings so what will I need to buy to get the -6 stuff to work? Maybe some kind of coupler or something? I assume it would leak without a flare on both pieces.

Here's a picture.

Doug C

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:50 PM