Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to contact PCA to show support for 914SIG, PCA Disbanding 914 Special Interest Group
Minerva's 914
post Sep 28 2019, 04:39 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,489
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Sep 26 2019, 08:51 PM) *

I'm not on the National PCA Board of Directors anymore. Just a regular member. But I can tell you it's easier to work with PCA to get to your end goal than trying to start a new club. PCA has a close relationship with the factory and thus have access to better support in many areas. Someone should volunteer to be the 914 SIG Rep and contact John D'Angelo with ideas on how they see a future 914 SIG. PCA is always open to new ideas. Remember, the club's leadership is 100% volunteers. The paid staff is there as support to the volunteers. Financials are very transparent. Most of the surplus goes back to the regions to use as they see fit. You'd be surprised just how lean PCA runs.

Yes, and that's why I just renewed my PCA membership last week. We can only make chances from within, quit PCA they will never miss you nor ever know what you could have contributed. Let's work together and with them to make our voices heard.

(Drops mic, steps down and puts soapbox away)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mathfuzzy
post Sep 28 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 23,504
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 28 2019, 12:26 PM) *

And... what cars do you have (they don't have to be only Porsche). I'd love to see pictures of your car(s) - and maybe even hear part of your 'Car Story" if you feel comfortable sharing! I've got a '74 914 I've owned for 34 years that, now that Okteenerfest 2019 has come and gone, has over 400,000 miles on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

My pleasure. And thanks for the nice note, Betty. FWIW, I’ve always appreciated the 914 and would love to go back and buy a clean, original 914-6...when they were $20k...but you can’t go back in time. We currently have 3 Porsche cars in the household - it’s very democratic, front, mid and rear engine cars all represented.

My wife’s graphite blue 718 Boxster (six speed):

Attached Image

Our dog’s car is a Macan GTS, and I’m lucky to have one of the 60th anniversary 991 GTS Club Coupe’s (seven speed). (Snap, new to this forum and ran out of space for more pictures on this post...will post the other two in follow-ups...

My first P-car was a 1970 2.2S (yeah, I know, should never have sold that). In between I’ve owned and sold two 993 Targas, a 993 NB Coupe, a 996 4S, and a 997.2 Targa. I’ve pretty much been a Porsche guys since I was 13-ish and still have my original copy of ‘Excellence Was Expected’ that I’ve had for over 30 years. I can’t remember a time in my life that I didn’t love sports cars.

Sorry for the drama here. I can promise you that nobody’s heart was in the wrong place. And with respect to not responding, I think I responded to literally everyone who reached out, but it’s possible that with all the volume an email or two fell through the cracks.

Best,

JD

+Quote Post
mathfuzzy
post Sep 28 2019, 04:57 PM
Post #63

Sorry if this is a forum party foul...

The Macan:
Attached Image

And the dog:
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mathfuzzy
post Sep 28 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #64

And finally, the GTS Club Coupe.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well, almost finally. I forgot the GT4 that I owned for about a year and a half and put 10k miles on. Made the 991 feel like a luxury GT and sold it before it landed me in jail.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mathfuzzy
post Sep 28 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #65

Sorry, one last preview for this group courtesy of Vu

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 28 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #66

Driver

Member No.: 3,255

QUOTE(mathfuzzy @ Sep 28 2019, 05:57 PM) *

Sorry if this is a forum party foul...

The Macan:Attached Image

And the dog:Attached Image

There are no party fouls when posting pics of your cars!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Dang you have had/currently have some awesome cars!!! I love the picture of the GTS Club Coupe in front of Alice's Restaurant. Clay (the other half) loves that song and started singing it as soon as he saw the picture.

So, the pup.... looks like a Belgian Shepherd or Malinois but with long hair making them a Groenendael with that coloring (am I even close)? That is an absolutely beautiful picture of him/her (I am SO an animal person). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
Betty
post Sep 28 2019, 07:37 PM
Post #67

Driver

Also, thanks for posting the notice for Werks Reunion Amelia Island. We received a notification a few days ago and were already making plans to be there to help celebrate the 914!

We really enjoyed our trip to Amelia Island in 2015 when the 914 was one of the celebrated cars and are looking forward to hooking up with everybody there again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Sep 28 2019, 07:38 PM
Post #68

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

John....you sold your GT4? Sorry...you are no longer allowed to post here. That’s blasphemy... lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
Oh yeah... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
Jamie
post Sep 28 2019, 08:43 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE(mathfuzzy @ Sep 28 2019, 03:17 PM) *

Attached Image

Thanks for your response JD, from one JD to another. I would like a clarification about your comment that we would need to form a Facebook group, or whatever they call those things, since I don't do Facebook, and have no intention of ever going there again. We already have an excellent functioning site here as you can obviously see, that serves our communication needs very well. I am a 17 yr. PCA member with my version of fuzzy math, called dyslexia, and became a member because of owning a 914 originally owned by my Father as I mentioned in the message I sent to you recently. I have been a Director in Bluegrass Region for 2 terms and am very active with my excellent local club. They have always been very receptive to my ownership of a 914, and also drive my Cayman or Cayenne on club drives, so I'm no outcast! We are a wonderful example that it is about the people, not the cars. We welcome your participation in our 914World.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mathfuzzy
post Sep 28 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #70

QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 28 2019, 06:24 PM) *

So, the pup.... looks like a Belgian Shepherd or Malinois but with long hair making them a Groenendael with that coloring (am I even close)? That is an absolutely beautiful picture of him/her (I am SO an animal person). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Yeah Betty, Lilly, she’s a Groenendael. The brains of the operation. Don’t tell my wife, but she might be the love of my life. Some better pictures...

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
mathfuzzy
post Sep 28 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #71

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 28 2019, 06:38 PM) *

John....you sold your GT4? Sorry...you are no longer allowed to post here. That’s blasphemy... lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
Oh yeah... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Yeah, tough call. But after I realized I’d posted 1.34 lateral g’s on mountain road twisters, I realized it was a very bad idea to be hunting for that car’s limits on the street. Intentional or not.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 30 2019, 01:15 PM
Post #72

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(mathfuzzy @ Sep 28 2019, 07:17 PM) *

Attached Image

I had heard that a feature of the 914 was being done so already I am making plans to be at Amelia Island again this year. I was in the coral last year but missed the registration for the judging, so I will be making sure I am registered this year, and if there is a desire to have some 914's on display to represent I would like to offer mine., I am sure they will be looking for some cars to represent different years and models, options, rare colors etc?? please point us in the direction of who to speak to-. Last year there were some beautiful custom 914's on display and several were winners, and I would imagine that this year's 50th celebration should bring a few more out of the wood work!

Thanks for posting here and giving us the explanation and understanding of what was going on regarding the SIG's. Looking forward to seeing you at Amelia and Werks Reunion!.

Phil
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 17 2019, 10:43 AM
Post #73

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

So the logical conclusion here is that we as 914 owners and representing World, should plan to attend in mass with our cars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Think about it. it's a win win. More cars to see and lets show them our colors.

+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Oct 17 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #74

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I've already got my lodging set up for Amelia this spring.
Trying to talk myself into making the 2000 mile round trip drive in my 914 vs driving the truck or WRX down.

Zach
+Quote Post
Betty
post Oct 17 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #75

Driver

Yep, we're going. We were at Amelia Island in 2015 solely because the 914 was one of the featured cars.

Wouldn't miss this one either!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 05:00 PM