Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cheap cheap cheap 914 visor set, since there has been so much discussion
jvmarino
post Oct 16 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,188
Region Association: None

So I just received my pair and am pretty happy with the set, especially at the price point. Two items to note. As previously mentioned, the inner holes need to be made by installer, but it is pretty easy to do. The 2nd observation is the outer brackets are installed the wrong way, so they need to be swapped. Even the picture above has them the wrong way. Again, not a big deal, just took me by surprise.

Jim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DickSteinkamp
post Oct 16 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 20,876

QUOTE(jvmarino @ Oct 16 2019, 06:09 PM) *

So I just received my pair and am pretty happy with the set, especially at the price point. Two items to note. As previously mentioned, the inner holes need to be made by installer, but it is pretty easy to do. The 2nd observation is the outer brackets are installed the wrong way, so they need to be swapped. Even the picture above has them the wrong way. Again, not a big deal, just took me by surprise.

Jim

@jvmarino

How did you find the right spot to make the hole for the center support? How did you make the hole?

Thanks
+Quote Post
brcacti
post Oct 16 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #23

1974 914 1.8

Member No.: 23,302
Region Association: Southwest Region

They look very cool, I like them
+Quote Post
jvmarino
post Oct 16 2019, 09:07 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 10,188

QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Oct 16 2019, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(jvmarino @ Oct 16 2019, 06:09 PM) *

Jim

@jvmarino

How did you find the right spot to make the hole for the center support? How did you make the hole?

Thanks

It is just a basic friction fit in a clip tensioned by the exterior screw, so I just cut a small opening with a sharp razor blade and then pushed the metal post into the clip inside the visor. Hole location is pretty much the same as the post used for the outer brackets.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:32 AM