Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 TD at the autocross....
PatrickB
post Oct 11 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,960
Region Association: Canada

Installed new Bilsteins and 150 lb Eibach springs on RSR adjustable mounts. After reading lots of threads here, tried disconnecting the back swaybar for the last event of the season. Not sure if it's the right move, still getting some body roll. Car has a front swaybar that's stock (I think). Pictures were taken by someone at the track that took pictures of most of the cars there. Thoughts on body roll? too much? Other cars that were faster had more roll...
BTW 350 treadwear tires are currently the limiting factor in how fast we get around the track.
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image[attachmentid=715
338]Attached ImageAttached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Oct 11 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

You can compare with this video if you want, I was the second fastest street car on new treadwear 100 tires... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B56cF5qwPQ&t=27s

19mm front sway bar, stock front torsion bars, Bilstein shocks, 200lb rear springs (six). Alot of quickness in the autocross is being smooth and carrying as much speed as you can thru the turns.

Honestly I wasn't all that fast there just wasn't a lot of tough competition that day.
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Oct 11 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 11 2019, 05:57 PM) *

You can compare with this video if you want, I was the second fastest street car on new treadwear 100 tires... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B56cF5qwPQ&t=27s

19mm front sway bar, stock front torsion bars, Bilstein shocks, 200lb rear springs (six). Alot of quickness in the autocross is being smooth and carrying as much speed as you can thru the turns.

Honestly I wasn't all that fast there just wasn't a lot of tough competition that day.

You have less body roll, car looks really good! Was considering slightly heavier springs in the back...
+Quote Post
Justinp71
post Oct 11 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,922
Region Association: None

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Oct 11 2019, 03:18 PM) *

You have less body roll, car looks really good! Was considering slightly heavier springs in the back...

Thanks. I have an aluminum case six (3.2) so I naturally have to have slightly heavier springs off the bat. Also I probably cranked up the front sway bar to mid notch.
+Quote Post
PatrickB
post Oct 11 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 11 2019, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Oct 11 2019, 03:18 PM) *

Thanks. I have an aluminum case six (3.2) so I naturally have to have slightly heavier springs off the bat. Also I probably cranked up the front sway bar to mid notch.

1.9 AAZ diesel, not sure but I think it's a little heavier than stock.
+Quote Post
mlindner
post Oct 12 2019, 06:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,770
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Justinp71, thanks for sharing the video. Very nice driving and your 914-6 GT looks really fast. Best, Mark
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 12 2019, 06:59 AM
Post #7

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

For AX to eliminate body roll, go with larger torsion bars, 19MM front sway bar, and reconnect the rear bar.

That's what I did.

YRMV - I also had a welded in roll bar with a forward arm.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 01:03 AM