Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Non 914 Question ....still med engine, Boxster I know a few of you guys have them...
oldschool
post Oct 12 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

I have notice that if I don't drive the boxster for a few weeks it's hard to turn over?
..Need to put on the charger,
any one notice this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ndfrigi
post Oct 13 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,474

Hi Jaime, yes Battery Tender is your solution for a car if not being driven more than 3 days.
My 986 has around 3 yrs old Bosch brand. After I was rear ended, the car was not driven for a month and the battery died. Did the jumper way to make it run. For a few days I keep using jumper cable to be able to drive the car and it will start again as long I start it again after an hour or hours but not overnight. So I was already planning of buying a new bosch battery and after searching where to buy, I ended up going to costco and pick up the Battery tender and that is around February. After few months of keeping the battery tender every time it is parked and last June for a 2 weeks vacation the battery tender is hooked. After that 2 weeks vacation, I no longer use the battery tender as long I drive the car no longer than 2 days (atleast start the car for a few minutes).
Meaning, my 3 yr old Bosch battery got totally drained for a month not being driven. And yes like others mentioned, 986 can drain the battery from alarm especially newer cars has a lot of electrical parts that uses the battery. Ex, alarm, auto defroster, etc.

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Oct 14 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 13 2019, 05:59 PM) *

Hi Jaime, yes Battery Tender is your solution for a car if not being driven more than 3 days.
My 986 has around 3 yrs old Bosch brand. After I was rear ended, the car was not driven for a month and the battery died. Did the jumper way to make it run. For a few days I keep using jumper cable to be able to drive the car and it will start again as long I start it again after an hour or hours but not overnight. So I was already planning of buying a new bosch battery and after searching where to buy, I ended up going to costco and pick up the Battery tender and that is around February. After few months of keeping the battery tender every time it is parked and last June for a 2 weeks vacation the battery tender is hooked. After that 2 weeks vacation, I no longer use the battery tender as long I drive the car no longer than 2 days (atleast start the car for a few minutes).
Meaning, my 3 yr old Bosch battery got totally drained for a month not being driven. And yes like others mentioned, 986 can drain the battery from alarm especially newer cars has a lot of electrical parts that uses the battery. Ex, alarm, auto defroster, etc.

Attached Image

yup...sound like it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:11 PM