Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine dies but restarts after 2 minutes, Help please! Only a couple weeks left to drive in MN
SteveL
post Oct 16 2019, 02:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 991
Region Association: None

74 1.8 with L-Jet. Starts and runs perfect for a while.
After driving or running for anywhere between 5-20 minutes, the engine loses all power, but still sounds like it is running for about 20 seconds, then dies completely. While it still sounds like it is running, I can put the pedal to the floor and it makes no difference. If I try to start it right away, it will not start. Every time so far, after I wait a couple of minutes it will restart and run like nothing happened for a few more minutes, then die again.
I have replaced the dual relay with a known good.
I think the next suspect is the fuel pump. I see a T fitting in the driver side fuel rail that is plugged by a bolt. Is that where I would connect a fuel pressure test gauge?
Is that the best next step to check?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 12:20 PM