Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What clear coat to use on PPG DBC?
bbrock
post Oct 18 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Anyone know anything about PPG's DC3000 clear coat? That's the only PPG clear coat my paint supplier carries. The tech sheet description sounds like it is geared for high volume collision repair shops but I don't know enough to know if it will work for me. They also only carry the medium temp. hardener which is rated for 75F-95F. I'm going to be spraying the car in low 60s temps. The max I can expect is 70F and that is unlikely. I'm worried it will be too slow to get a good result, but again, I've never done this before. I just get frustrated with my one and only local paint supplier. Most of the employees have never painted a car and don't know shit about the products they sell. Hopefully I'm getting my undies in a bunch for nothing, but I don't want to spent a thousand dollars on paint and find out I got the wrong shit. Any advice appreciated.

Oh, it didn't help my confidence that they didn't have enough toner in stock to mix 3 quarts of DBC base coat today either. They are having some more shipped over from Billings. Good thing I wasn't counting on painting this weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 07:05 PM