Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My Dell is leaky and I can't make it stop, Please Help
cdmcse
post Jun 30 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,305

I have Dellorto 40s on my car (1.8L). During my rustoration over the winter I went ahead and rebuilt them and re-jetted them. The driver side works perfectly, but the passenger side has what I am assuming to be a float problem.

When the gas flows to the carb it just gushes out both throats and I can't figure out why. I have had the carb apart 6 or 7 times now, but can't make it better. Here are the things I've done already...

1)Tried every combination of old and new needle and seat. (The carbs never had this problem prior to the re-build)
2) Adjusted the float - I can blow in the inlet and with light pressure on the float it seems to stop ok.
3) Checked all the gaskets / seals
4) Tested the float, it floats like a cork
5) Ran my fuel pressure down to 1psi (normally it is a 4psi)
6) Inspected everything and saw no debris or dirt anywhere. (they were cleaned in a parts washer during the re-build)
7) Once it is assembled I can hear the float moving freely in the body.

Any other suggestions. What could it be? I'm stumped.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:36 PM