|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
| infraredcalvin |
Oct 24 2019, 06:08 PM
Post
#1
|
|
Distracted Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,775 Joined: 25-August 08 From: Ladera Ranch, CA Member No.: 9,463 Region Association: Southern California
|
1st track day in the bag with the new 914, no decent pics yet (there was a photog in attendants, but haven’t seen his pics yet). Car rand great and although running with much newer machinery she was holding her own once her driver brushed off the cobwebs... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
Since this was essentially her first shakedown I found a number of little things I need to address, one in particular I’m questioning: After a few laps I noticed - mainly on a flat sweeper turn, when entering hard on brakes and trailing off while turning in I’d get a soft groan from my outside wheel (drivers in this case). I’m thinking wheel bearing? I’ve never had one go bad on the front spindle before, so I’ve never heard or felt the slight vibration before. Never really occurred on any other turns.... thoughts? |
infraredcalvin Tracking the 914 - Need some street love too... Oct 24 2019, 06:08 PM
infraredcalvin Yes, this is what I’m considering, although the ... Jan 3 2026, 12:07 PM
GregAmy I agree, perfectly fine for what we do. - GA Jan 3 2026, 02:00 PM
GregAmy Actually, for others that may be interested, I had... Jan 3 2026, 03:11 PM
Charles Freeborn
Actually, for others that may be interested, I ha... Jan 3 2026, 03:48 PM
PlaysWithCars I've been running the Megajolt system from Aut... Jan 16 2026, 08:32 PM![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 4th October 2026 - 10:57 PM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |