Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Noid lights
JeffBowlsby
post Nov 30 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

People always mention using noid lights to troubleshoot the FI. Looking around I see large sets of 6-10 different types, sets real mechanics might need to buy, but they are $30-50 for the set. We don't need all those variations, we need just one or two. Seems to me they should be available individually for ~$5 bucks.

Hello...Mikey?

Is there a different light for D-Jet and L-Jet or does the same light work on both? What are yall using? Are they available individually and if so, which one to get and where to buy?

Is a noid light overkill, or can a simple test light (the awl point screwdriver handle probe type) or DVM be made to work?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Dec 1 2019, 09:33 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

I found these on amazon. Anyone use these before?

OEMTOOLS 27319

OTC 6266

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Dec 1 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

I could use the Bosch ones too but haven't seen it separately for less than half a whole set.

A DVM reacts too slow to read but will fluctuate letting you know it's being triggered, so technically yes.

Also, since injectors click, you could plug in a known working one and either listen or feel.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Dec 1 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #4

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

I bought a Harbor freight set for $12.
They work ok. It is just a bunch of different terminal types.
I don't think they pick up every pulse. Response seems inconsistent. I had a Subaru fi system that I wanted to check injector signal.

Saw these on ebay

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Dec 2 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #5

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 30 2019, 09:04 PM) *

People always mention using noid lights to troubleshoot the FI. Looking around I see large sets of 6-10 different types, sets real mechanics might need to buy, but they are $30-50 for the set. We don't need all those variations, we need just one or two. Seems to me they should be available individually for ~$5 bucks.

Hello...Mikey?

Is there a different light for D-Jet and L-Jet or does the same light work on both? What are yall using? Are they available individually and if so, which one to get and where to buy?

Is a noid light overkill, or can a simple test light (the awl point screwdriver handle probe type) or DVM be made to work?

I have a buddy over at Intel that can get me some hookups on stuff. These are pretty inexpensive, sure we could get them made, but if the ones on the market are inexpensive and readily available, no need.
Mark
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:41 AM