Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Noid lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
People always mention using noid lights to troubleshoot the FI. Looking around I see large sets of 6-10 different types, sets real mechanics might need to buy, but they are $30-50 for the set. We don't need all those variations, we need just one or two. Seems to me they should be available individually for ~$5 bucks.

Hello...Mikey?

Is there a different light for D-Jet and L-Jet or does the same light work on both? What are yall using? Are they available individually and if so, which one to get and where to buy?

Is a noid light overkill, or can a simple test light (the awl point screwdriver handle probe type) or DVM be made to work?

JeffBowlsby
I found these on amazon. Anyone use these before?

OEMTOOLS 27319

OTC 6266
Chris914n6
I could use the Bosch ones too but haven't seen it separately for less than half a whole set.

A DVM reacts too slow to read but will fluctuate letting you know it's being triggered, so technically yes.

Also, since injectors click, you could plug in a known working one and either listen or feel.
bdstone914
I bought a Harbor freight set for $12.
They work ok. It is just a bunch of different terminal types.
I don't think they pick up every pulse. Response seems inconsistent. I had a Subaru fi system that I wanted to check injector signal.

Saw these on ebay
Mikey914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 30 2019, 09:04 PM) *

People always mention using noid lights to troubleshoot the FI. Looking around I see large sets of 6-10 different types, sets real mechanics might need to buy, but they are $30-50 for the set. We don't need all those variations, we need just one or two. Seems to me they should be available individually for ~$5 bucks.

Hello...Mikey?

Is there a different light for D-Jet and L-Jet or does the same light work on both? What are yall using? Are they available individually and if so, which one to get and where to buy?

Is a noid light overkill, or can a simple test light (the awl point screwdriver handle probe type) or DVM be made to work?

I have a buddy over at Intel that can get me some hookups on stuff. These are pretty inexpensive, sure we could get them made, but if the ones on the market are inexpensive and readily available, no need.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.