Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Short circuit, could use some help, No turn signal and gauges
Jazzy
post Dec 1 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,432
Region Association: Europe

Hi all,

I own a '73 2.0 with a modified engine. Electronics wise the FI was removed and the center console gauges were converted to digital units.

Yesterday I hit a bump hard I noted that I lost the fuel gauge (no reading at all), centre console gauges, indicators and the red warning (oil) light is on. When I replaced the 10A fuse and switched on the ignition, it blew immediately. So apparently I have a short somewhere but don't really know where to start.

Any hints on how to start troubleshooting?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Dec 1 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jazzy @ Dec 2 2019, 10:18 AM) *

Hi all,

I own a '73 2.0 with a modified engine. Electronics wise the FI was removed and the center console gauges were converted to digital units.

Yesterday I hit a bump hard I noted that I lost the fuel gauge (no reading at all), centre console gauges, indicators and the red warning (oil) light is on. When I replaced the 10A fuse and switched on the ignition, it blew immediately. So apparently I have a short somewhere but don't really know where to start.

Any hints on how to start troubleshooting?

Sounds like you have a short to ground from a power supply,check behind the gauges as a start as there is heaps to go wrong behind the dash,ask me how I know.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 01:15 PM