Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short circuit, could use some help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jazzy
Hi all,

I own a '73 2.0 with a modified engine. Electronics wise the FI was removed and the center console gauges were converted to digital units.

Yesterday I hit a bump hard I noted that I lost the fuel gauge (no reading at all), centre console gauges, indicators and the red warning (oil) light is on. When I replaced the 10A fuse and switched on the ignition, it blew immediately. So apparently I have a short somewhere but don't really know where to start.

Any hints on how to start troubleshooting?
porschetub
QUOTE(Jazzy @ Dec 2 2019, 10:18 AM) *

Hi all,

I own a '73 2.0 with a modified engine. Electronics wise the FI was removed and the center console gauges were converted to digital units.

Yesterday I hit a bump hard I noted that I lost the fuel gauge (no reading at all), centre console gauges, indicators and the red warning (oil) light is on. When I replaced the 10A fuse and switched on the ignition, it blew immediately. So apparently I have a short somewhere but don't really know where to start.

Any hints on how to start troubleshooting?

Sounds like you have a short to ground from a power supply,check behind the gauges as a start as there is heaps to go wrong behind the dash,ask me how I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.